You are hereHome // Health Professionals // Providence Health Care Professionals // Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
2021/2022 Flu Campaign
All Health Care staff, volunteers, visitors, contractors, students and medical staff in patient care areas are required to receive the influenza vaccination or wear a surgical/procedure mask during influenza season.
Check out this year's 2021 flu clinic schedule here!
All health authority and medical staff must self-report their immunization status.
How Do I Self-Report My Immunization Status?
All Health Authority and Medical Staff must self report their vaccination online at https://flu.healthcarebc.ca
How do I get Vaccinated?
Flu shots are available on-site, at most local pharmacies, your family doctor, and at any public health clinic They are provided free of charge to all healthcare workers. Health authority staff, physicians, and volunteers. Please ensure to bring your BC Care Card and employee ID badge when you go and obtain your flu shot.
On-site staff influenza vaccinations will begin to be given starting on October 13th and end on November 27th.
You can visit the staff immunization clinics.To view the influenza clinic schedule for each location, please click the links below:
- Brock Fahrni
- Honoria Conway
- Holy Family Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- St. Paul's Hospital
- All Providence Health Care Sites
- You can either visit The Peer Immunizer (PI) on your unit: PIs will deliver flu immunization to colleagues in their own department/units. Not all units have a PI.
Local Pharmacy: Bring your CareCard if you are not already registered with the pharmacy. Call first, to ensure a pharmacist who has a license to vaccinate is working. Advise pharmacist you are a PHC employee; no proof of employment is necessary.
Other Health Authority Flu Clinic Schedules
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Influenza Vaccine
- About the Influenza
- Contractor and Health Service Providers
- Wearing a Mask
Wearing a Mask
Watch this video on how to properly put on a mask:
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Performance Excellence
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Technology Services
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Employee Referral Program
- Electronic Pay
- Staff Discounts
- Virtual Health
- External Health Care Professionals