Violence Happens. Training Helps.
Providence Health Care is committed to protect workers from workplace violence; providing violence prevention training is an important part of the overall violence prevention program. The Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum* is available now for all staff.
Violence prevention training is required for all healthcare workers.**
Do you work in Residential, Medicine, Emergency, or Mental Health and Substance Use?
- Complete online violence prevention modules 1 through 8 and the 1 day classroom course.
Do you provide direct care to or have direct interactions with patients, residents or clients?
- Complete online violence prevention modules 1 through 8.
To access the online modules, click on this link:
All of the online violence prevention modules can be taken at any time and must be completed before the classroom training.
Classroom training is offered several times a month.
Check learninghub.phsa.ca for the most current classroom training dates.
Sign up for classroom training by going to the LearningHub (https://learninghub.phsa.ca/) and searching for “Violence Prevention Providence”.
Please log on to the Learning Hub and enter your Providence Health Care employee ID number into your profile to ensure that your training records are accurately tracked.
If you have previously completed the Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum training, please ensure you provide evidence of completion to email@example.com.
*Collaboratively developed by health care employers and unions, Health Employers Association of BC, SafeCare BC and WorkSafeBC.
**As a condition of employment with Providence Health Care, and in accordance with the Nurses’ Bargaining Association Collective Agreement, all nursing staff in high risk areas must complete Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum training.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Check-In Survey
- Performance Excellence
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Staff Communication Tools
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Electronic Pay
- External Health Care Professionals