Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
2018/2019 Flu Campaign
All Health Care staff, volunteers, visitors, contractors, students and medical staff in patient care areas are required to receive the influenza vaccination or wear a surgical/procedure mask during flu season.
All health authority and medical staff must self-report their immunization status.
To self-report your immunization status, please click one of the links below:
Need Help Self-Reporting?
For step by step instructions on how to self-report, please click on the links below:
Health Authority Staff Vaccination Self-Reporting Instructions
Medical Staff Vaccination Self-Reporting Instructions
Health Authority Staff Mask Self-Reporting Instructions
Medical Staff Mask Self-Reporting Instructions
How do I get Vaccinated?
Flu shots are available on-site, at most local pharmacies, your family doctor, and at any public health clinic They are provided free of charge to all healthcare workers. Health authority staff, physicians, and volunteers. Please ensure to bring your BC Care Card and employee ID badge when you go and obtain your flu shot.
On-site staff flu vaccinations will begin to be given starting on October 17th and end on November 29th.
- You can visit the staff immunization clinics.To view the flu clinic schedule for each location, please click the links below:
- You can either visit The Peer Nurse Immunizer (PNI) on your unit: PNIs will deliver flu immunization to colleagues in their own department/units. Not all units have a PNI.
Local Pharmacy: Bring your CareCard if you are not already registered with the pharmacy. Call first, to ensure a pharmacist who has a license to vaccinate is working. Advise pharmacist you are a PHC employee; no proof of employment is necessary.
Other Health Authority Flu Clinic Schedules
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Influenza Vaccine
- About the Influenza
- Contractor and Health Service Providers
- Wearing a Mask
Wearing a Mask
Watch this video on how to properly put on a mask:
For more information, visit our flu page on the PHC intranet (only accessible from a work station)
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Performance Excellence
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Staff Communication Tools
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Electronic Pay
- External Health Care Professionals
Providence Health Care President and CEO Dianne Doyle