Faster and more accurate bedside diagnoses of lung disease related to COVID-19 will soon be possible anywhere in B.C. through a network of portable handheld ultrasound scanners.
St. Paul’s Hospital
Info for Visitors
Visiting Hours – Family presence at Providence Health Care
Family plays an important role in a patient’s and resident’s healing process. Families are welcome to be present at any time – Providence Health Care does not restrict visiting hours to family members. Of course, you must follow a few guidelines.
- Sick people need rest. You can visit often, but please respect your loved ones wishes for privacy or rest.
- Children under 14 must be under adult supervision (from someone other than the patient) at all times.
- Visiting may be restricted to protect the privacy and rights of other patients.
- Your visit may be interrupted by staff to provide patient care.
- If you feel unwell, have an infection, flu-like or respiratory symptoms, or any sort of communicable disease, or have recently been in contact with anyone with these symptoms, we encourage you to stay at home until you’re well again.
- We may not have the space to accommodate a large number of family members, but we’ll try our best.
If you need more information - just ask so we can help create the best care experience overall.
Contact a Patient
Email a patient or resident at St. Paul’s Hospital.
To contact a patient directly at St. Paul’s Hospital or to confirm that they are at the hospital, please call 604-684-6532.
Release of Patient Information
When patients are admitted to St. Paul’s, they are asked to choose whether or not the hospital can release information about their presence and general condition to visitors and callers. If a patient wishes that information not be released, the Information Desk will respect the decision, and will not give information to any caller or visitor, even if they are close family or friends.
Provincial Influenza Policy
Visiting St. Paul's Hospital? Here’s what you need to know about keeping our patients safe during Influenza season.
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- Youville Residence
- St. Vincent's: Langara
- St. Vincent's: Honoria Conway-Heather
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni
- St. John Hospice
- Providence Crosstown Clinic
- Community Dialysis Units