Medical mask policy in effect during respiratory illness season
For essential winter health tips and guidance on where to get medical assistance, please visit Vancouver Coastal Health's winter care page.
During the respiratory illness season, a medical mask policy is in effect for all patient care areas in hospitals, long-term care and community health-care sites and clinics.
Visitors: If you exhibit any symptoms of cold or flu, or feel unwell, refrain from entering these facilities. Visitors to long-term care and senior assisted living facilities must wear medical masks in common areas.
Your cooperation is vital in maintaining the health of our patients, residents and staff.
About this location
Holy Family Hospital is one of the largest referral centres for rehabilitation in British Columbia and also home to 126 long-term care residents.
We are committed to working with patients in our 65-bed unit to provide quality compassionate care that meets your physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs. Our goal is to help you get back to your everyday life, stay safe and live as independently as possible.
Our rehabilitation unit sees over 15,000 outpatients a year. Our program offers intensive therapy to manage and support patients after:
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Hip Replacement
- Ankle Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Leg Amputations
Holy Family Residence is home to 126 long-term care residents.
We value each resident and strive to create the most enjoyable and meaningful quality of life in our home.
Families (as defined by you) are welcome to be present at any time – Providence Health Care does not restrict visiting hours to family members.
Of course, you must follow a few guidelines:
- Sick people need rest. You can visit often, but please respect your loved ones wishes for privacy or rest.
- Children under 14 must be under adult supervision (from someone other than the patient) at all times.
- Visiting may be restricted to protect the privacy and rights of other patients and residents.
- Your visit may be interrupted by staff to provide patient or resident care.
- Refrain from using scented products as other people may have severe allergies to scented products.
- If you feel unwell, have an infection, flu-like or respiratory symptoms, or any sort of communicable disease, or have recently been in contact with anyone with these symptoms, we encourage you to stay at home until you’re well again.
- We may not have the space to accommodate a large number of family members, but we’ll try our best.
If you need more information – just ask so we can help create the best care experience overall.
- Sunday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Monday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Holy Family Hospital patient & visitor guides
We offer a wide variety of services to support you or your loved ones health-care needs before and during their stay.Holy Family Hospital patient & visitor guide Holy Family Hospital Long-Term Care resident, family & visitor guide