OUR SEVEN-YEAR MISSION: FORWARD
In 2019, Providence launched its Mission: Forward strategic plan. It’s a seven-year plan that we all helped create. More than 40 per cent of Providence People participated, and dozens of people outside of the organization whose input is key to our way forward, in the workshops and consultations that took place in-person and online. Thank you to everyone who contributed!
- Patients, Residents and Families
- Clinical Employees
- Corporate Services Employees
- Students, Residents and Volunteers
- Indigenous Peoples
- Strategic Plan Advisory Group
- PHC and PRCC (now Providence Living) Societies
- Boards and Senior Leadership Team
- St. Paul’s Foundation Board and Staff
- Lower Mainland Consolidated Staff
- Partner Health Authorities
We have accomplished much since the launch of Mission: Forward.
Throughout our journey, we’ve had new learnings and made adjustments to our priorities and our plan to better reflect the current issues, new realities, challenges and opportunities we’re facing in health care. One example of that is our commitment to the process of Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and embedding it in everything we do.
To action our commitment we have made the following updates to our strategic plan:
- Made Reconciliation a Foundational Principle;
- Added an explicit Reconciliation goal to each of our four Strategic Directions;
- Updated our plan’s terminology & imagery to be inclusive and diverse.
This emphasis and others resulted in a refresh of our Mission: Forward plan in 2022, positioning us to successfully deliver upon our strategic priorities and goals for this coming year and beyond.
This plan is not about creating more work but rather being strategic in the work that we choose to invest our time and resources, and pacing it appropriately, so that we're able to deliver on our #1 priority — patient and resident care — while continuing to advance our vision to be at the forefront of exceptional care and innovation.
- Who We Are
- Who We Serve
- New St. Paul’s Hospital
- Compliments and Complaints
- Reports + Plans
- Finances + Resources
- Quality Care
- Clinical Ethics
- Privacy + Confidentiality
- Public Interest Disclosure Act (PIDA)
- Energy & Environmental Sustainability
- Safe Reporting
- Renewal Projects
- Providence News
- The Daily Scan