Foreign workers are required to apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for the necessary permit/visa that allows them work in Canada. Once we have a signed copy of your offer letter we contact the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to obtain visa approval through a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) letter.

You should review the steps and find out more at the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website. Please note spouses will be eligible to apply for an open work permit as your dependant. Also, children under the age of 18 should be listed as dependants, and will be able to accompany you to Canada. Please note any children over the age of 18 are not eligible to relocate on your work permit. They must apply independently for a study or work permit.

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Permanent Residency allows you to stay and work in Canada. PNP is the step before you are able to become a Canadian Citizen. PNP differs from the Skilled Worker Program because it does not involve points and only takes about one year to obtain. You will be able to apply for PNP after successfully completing your three month probationary period with PHC. For more information please follow this link.