Respect At Work
Providence Health is committed to ensuring that all individuals working within the organization are treated with dignity and respect, free from discrimination and harassment, and supported in resolving workplace disputes in a constructive manner.
We all have the right to work in an environment that is respectful and have a responsibility to treat everyone at work with consideration. People perform better, are more positive and less stressed when they work in an environment where respect is a high priority. At Providence, showing respect to others is a key part of our culture.
If you require advice or guidance or wish to proceed with a filing a formal complaint of of bullying, harassment, micro-aggression, racism or discrimination, contact email@example.com
The initiative will provide the following:
- Convenience – employees can more efficiently report an incident their desired level of detail.
- Transparency – employees can see how their report is progressing and the status: whether received, reviewed, acted on or resolved.
- Flexibility – employees have the choice of requesting personal supports, education or initiating a formal investigation.
- Responsiveness – employees can interact with a trained professional throughout the entire process.
- Independence – employees can report without fear of retaliation or repercussions
- Action – employers will respond to reports and end unwanted behavior in the workplace
PHC’s goal is to ensure that we have a safe place to work – culturally, psychologically and physically – and that diversity across lines of race, gender, class, sexual orientation, gender expression, and other dimensions of individual and group identity is embraced and celebrated.
Resources and Education
- What is my role?
Download Respect at Work Handout
- I am being bullied, what should I do?
Download DES How to have difficult conversations
Policies and Expectations
- Respect at Work Policy
- Disrespectful Conduct Resolution Process
- Medical Staff Unprofessional Conduct or Disruptive Behaviour Resolution Process
Employee and Family Assistance Bullying and Harassment Line
- Call: 1-888-662-8559
- Respect and No Bully Line Poster
- Respect at Work Brochure
- EFAP Services Brochure
- Human Resources/Labour Relations Contact Information
- Occupational Health Contact Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Technology Services
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Employee Referral Program
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electronic Pay
- Staff Discounts
- Virtual Health
- External Health Care Professionals