St. Paul’s Foundation today announced the largest donation in Canadian history by a private citizen to a single medical facility. This unprecedented philanthropic donation will support the transformation of health care for British Columbians with the creation of the new St. Paul’s at the Jim Pattison Medical Centre, a world-class medical and research centre in the heart of Vancouver.
The provincial government has a travel assistance program available for eligible patients.
The Travel Assistance Program (TAP)
TAP is a provincial government program that provides travel cost discounts for British Columbians who must leave home for non-emergency medical services. To find out if you are eligible, call:
Toll free: 1-800-661-2668
You can also find information on the Ministry of Health Services’ website.
- TAP discounts are available only from specific carriers.
- TAP provides discounts for travel and does not make the travel arrangements. You must make your own travel arrangements.
- Meals, accommodation, car expenses, and local transportation expenses associated with travel are not included in TAP.
- The TAP application form must be filled out by your family physician prior to travel.
- Reimbursement AFTER travel is not possible.
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Emergency Services
- Health Services
- Info for Patients + Families
- Patient Services
- What to bring with you
- Info for Surgical Patients
- Private Rooms
- Non-Residents of British Columbia and International Patients
- Mail + Pay Phones
- Well Wishes Email
- Travel + Accommodation
- Going Home
- Patient Rights + Responsibilities
- Your Privacy + Confidentiality
- Cashiers Office + Info Desk
- Patient Records
- Become a Patient and Family Partner
- Info for Visitors
- Parking + Transit
- Angel's Cradle
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- Youville Residence
- St. Vincent's: Langara
- St. Vincent's: Honoria Conway-Heather
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni
- St. John Hospice
- Providence Crosstown Clinic
- Community Dialysis Units
Dianne Doyle, President & CEO, and Geoff Plant, Chair, PHC Board of Directors