Safety During Your Stay
Preventing falls is important to maintain your health and independence.
Ways to help prevent falls include:
- Slow down and take your time.
- Do one task at a time.
- Look where you are going and don’t get distracted.
- Sit for a moment before getting out of bed.
- Get out of chairs slowly.
- Get your balance before you walk.
- Wear good, supportive shoes with slip resistant soles.
- Wear non-skid socks at night (we provide these).
Your physiotherapist checks to see you well you can move, stand and walk. If we feel you would be safer with one of us helping you move, please wait for us. Do not try to move on your own. You may need to use a cane, a walker or a wheelchair to move around safely.
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- Health Services
- Info for Residents + Families
- Info for Rehab Patients + Families
- Info for Visitors
- Parking + Transit
- Referral Forms
- Youville Residence
- St. Vincent's: Langara
- St. Vincent's: Honoria Conway-Heather
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni
- St. John Hospice
- Providence Crosstown Clinic
- Community Dialysis Units
Dianne Doyle, President & CEO, and Geoff Plant, Chair, PHC Board of Directors