Our Ethics department provides an important consultation service to assist clinicians, organizational leaders , and policy makers.
The Department of Ethics Services
The department strives to provide practical support for the Mission of Providence Health Care by:
- Discerning and refining the concrete and relevant “front line” meanings of Providence Health Care’s core Values.
- Analyzing and presenting current, interdisciplinary dialogues on health care ethics in light of the Catholic moral tradition.
- Identifying patterns of dilemmas and providing timely, competent, consistent, accountable and sustainable guidance.
- Delivering ethics services to the practical and special ethics needs of health care delivery sites.
- Fostering individual and team responsibility in integrating ethics into health care practices.
For more information on Ethics Consults, please visit the Providence Health Care Ethics website.
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Check-In Survey
- Performance Excellence
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Staff Communication Tools
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Electronic Pay
- External Health Care Professionals
Tiko Kerr, Vancouver Artist and patient of Dr. Julio Montaner