Respect At Work
Why emphasize respect at work?
Because when we can count on respectful behaviour, it helps us feel safe, function better and be more engaged with co-workers, patients, residents and families. Treating everyone respectfully creates an environment that helps us deliver better health care.
Respect has long been a core value at PHC, as represented by the “R” in the SISTER values. We aspire to a respect culture, where all of us respect the diversity, dignity and interdependence of all persons.
To raise the bar on how well we live this value, PHC has expanded its services and resources. These services support our focus on a mentally healthy workplace and our ongoing strategy to foster communities where our people thrive.
Resources and Education
- What is my role?
- I am being bullied, what should I do?
- Have I crossed the line? Am I bullying?
- Join the conversation
Policies and Expectations
- Respect at Work Policy
- Disrespectful Conduct Resolution Process
- Medical Staff Professional Conduct Policy
- Medical Staff Unprofessional Conduct or Disruptive Behaviour Resolution Process
Respect and No Bully Line
The Respect and No Bully Line is a confidential phone service for Providence Health Care employees that offers:
- Opportunity to debrief your experience
- Information and coaching on how to resolve disrespectful conduct
- Support with filing formal complaint with Human Resources
- Referral to free, confidential counselling and/or specialized coaching
The line is answered by a separate branch of the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that specializes in mental health and supporting individuals dealing with bullying and harassment in the workplace. The program is external to Providence Health Care.
The line is staffed Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. If you call outside of working hours, you can leave a message and someone will return your call.
Please email email@example.com with questions or comments.
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Check-In Survey
- Performance Excellence
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Staff Communication Tools
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Electronic Pay
- External Health Care Professionals
Ken, cardiac patient