Email and SMS
For both SMS and email:
- Authenticate the identity of the intended recipient prior to communicating.
- Limit patient identifiers if possible.
- Follow the Providence Health Care texting policy, which you can find here.
- Use the ‘native’ text messaging application that comes installed on your phone, not one you’ve downloaded.
- Follow the Providence Health Care emailing policy, which you can find here.
- Where available, staff must use a PHC email address to conduct PHC business. Email addresses issued by another health organization or trusted institution may also be used, based on where the staff member primarily works.
- Providence Health Care Professionals
- Medical Staff
- Professional Practice Office
- Continuing Medical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety Resources
- Palliative Outreach and Consult Team
- Performance Excellence
- Ebola /Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Information
- Influenza Policy and Vaccination Information
- Staff Communication Tools
- Patient Education Materials
- Ethics Consults
- Project Management
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Electronic Pay
- Virtual Health
- Health Care Providers
- Virtual Health Stories
- External Health Care Professionals