Maternity Centre Resources
Giving birth is one of the most monumental experiences in a woman’s life.
To help prepare expecting parents for the journey ahead, the maternity staff at St. Paul’s have developed a handbook containing information about our services, supporting the time prior to your baby being born and while you and your baby are in the hospital.
The handbook will help to answer your questions about birth preparation, things to bring with you, our family presence policy, breastfeeding, meals, life with your baby, religious and cultural needs, and much more.
- To download a printable copy of the maternity handbook in English, click here.
- To download a copy in Chinese, click here.
Patient Education Materials
- Baby’s Best Chance – A HealthLink BC resource
- Having a Planned Caesarean Birth (English)
- Having a Planned Caesarean Birth (Chinese)
- Vaginal Birth After A Caesarean (English)
- Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean (Chinese)
- Parenting Resources – Information for Pregnancy and Parenting
- Baby’s Best Chance – Parent’s handbook of Pregnancy and Baby Care
- Healthy Families BC - Health and Wellness Resources, Breastfeeding Resources
- Perinatal Services of BC - Health Information: Pregnancy, Labour & Birth and Newborn Care
- Period of Purple Crying – Information on Sleeping, Soothing, Crying and Protecting
- Safe Sleep – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Car Seat Safety – Government of Canada
- HealthLink BC Nurses Line – 24/7 Health Advice You Can Trust – Dial 8-1-1
- Pregnancy Vancouver Website