Unit Coordinator - Acute Psychiatry
SummaryUnder the direction of the Operations Leader or delegate, the Unit Coordinator performs a variety of duties in support of coordinating the clerical functions of the designated unit such as; processing a high volume of physician orders utilizing manual and/or computerized software, performing reception duties, maintaining patient charts, typing, record keeping and staffing duties.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
EducationGrade 12, graduation from a recognized Unit Clerk training program, plus one years’ recent related experience.
- Processes physician orders utilizing manual and/or computerized software as per established procedures.
- Performs receptionist duties by receiving telephone calls, patients, visitors, and others, answers inquiries or directs to appropriate area or staff.
- Sets up, maintains, and completes patient charts; records information such as weight, temperature, pulse, and respiration, and lab test results in charts or other records as directed; attaches documents such as laboratory and special examination reports to charts after review by professional staff; completes discharge charts for Health Records according to established procedures.
- Performs specific clerical duties as required such as typing, record keeping and ordering supplies, entering and retrieving computerized data and patient information and sorting and distributing mail.
- Performs staffing duties such as receives or transfers calls from staff regarding illness and absence form work; calls in relief staff according to pre-determined guidelines and maintains staff records and schedules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Foundry Granville delivers a health experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, psychosocial rehab supports, peer support, and recreational activities. …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project