Stores and Transportation Attendant
SummaryUnder general supervision of the Supervisor Stores, performs various stores and receiving duties and transports stock and materials within the facility and externally between hospital locations.
SkillsAbility to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
EducationGrade 12, plus one years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A valid motor vehicle license required.
Duties1. Receives, inspects, unpacks, counts and checks received goods against purchase orders. Ensures goods are delivered to appropriate destination. Enters information, prints receiving reports and maintain files for Accounts Payable.
2. Stocks shelves and ensures appropriate stock rotation.
3. Assembles and issues supplies and maintains records for charging appropriate unit, based on requisitions from user areas.
4. Identifies receiving incorrect and damaged goods and contacts supplier, obtains returned goods memo from Purchasing and packs damaged goods for return. Completes appropriate documentation.
5. Coordinates distribution function by prioritizing the delivery of goods and equipment to end users and ensuring Plant safety checks are completed as required prior to delivery.
6. Prepares write-off documentation for the return of stale-dated inventory and charges to specific account.
7. Supplies information about stock items to departments/nursing units as required.
8. Collects, sorts, and delivers mail, and performs photocopying and duplicating as required.
9. Transports a variety of supplies and/or materials within the facility and externally between hospital sites.
10. Assists central stores and physical inventories as required.
11. Keeps records relating to the work performed and maintenance performed on transportation vehicle.
12. Keeps stores areas and transportation vehicle in a clean and tidy condition.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This LPN position will be working in our Overdose Prevention Site inside of St. Paul’s Hospital. We are looking for LPNs with experience providing care for clients with substance use/addictions needs.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project