You are hereHome // Social Worker Case Coordinator Youth Mental Health Substance Use - Foundry Granville Vancouver
Social Worker Case Coordinator Youth Mental Health Substance Use - Foundry Granville Vancouver
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
SummaryReporting to the Leader, Inner City Youth Program (ICYP) and receiving professional practice guidance from the Professional Practice Leader, Social Work, the position works as part of an interprofessional team to provide clinical services to individuals, primarily youth and young adults, with, and affected by mental health and addiction. Assesses clients, determines referral needs, provides individual counselling and intensive case management, group therapy and education, and liaises with community resources. Formulates and implements treatment plans and provides comprehensive case consultation and follow-up support on treatment decisions in collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in team and/or local committees, internal and external case conferences and quality improvement activities. Collaborates with other community service providers and related disciplines to provide education and training related to mental/addiction. Provides input into the development, evaluation and delivery of the Inner City Youth Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addiction issues and related evidence-based best treatment practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of understanding of clients facing mental health and addictions.
- Knowledge of Early Psychosis Intervention and Attachment Theory and its application an asset.
- Broad knowledge of attachment and self-regulation theory and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake client assessments utilizing mental health and addictions standardized tools.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments that include mental health and addictions standardized frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex clinical and psychosocial crises in the identified population.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and problem-solve.
- Ability to establish rapport with multi-barrier youth/young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, groups and other professionals within an interprofessional environment in a diverse community.
- Ability to work effectively with others, including working effectively in a multicultural environment, independently and as part of an interprofessional team and understanding the frameworks of other disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of relevant Acts such as Mental Health Act, Freedom of Information Act, pertinent regulations, policies and procedures, and other statutory duties.
- Ability to educate and provide consultation to clients, families and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and deliver in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups.
- Ability to make effective referrals, reflecting in-depth knowledge of community resources
EducationMasters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university. Two (2) years recent, related experience working with youth/young adults with mental health and addiction in a community health setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This Addictions Liaison Consult CNL/Educator role is an integral part of the Addictions Medicine Consult Team. In this role you will support programs and units throughout St. Paul’s Hospital with assessment, education, and training on best practices for addictions care. …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project