Social Worker Case Coordinator - Foundry Granville
Foundry Granville delivers a health experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, psychosocial rehab supports, peer support, and recreational activities. Based out of the Foundry Centre Granville Street between Davie and Drake, the centre welcomes walk-ins on weekdays. If you are excited about empowering youth to create stability, restoring their sense of self and belonging, and guiding them on a path to thrive this opportunity is perfect for you! To learn more about Foundry and the services and care we provide: https://foundrybc.ca/
SummaryIn accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Leader, Inner City Youth Program (ICYP) and receiving professional practice guidance from the Professional Practice Leader, Social Work, the position works as part of an interprofessional team to provide clinical services to individuals, primarily youth and young adults, with, and affected by mental health and addiction. Assesses clients, determines referral needs, provides individual counselling and intensive case management, group therapy and education, and liaises with community resources. Formulates and implements treatment plans and provides comprehensive case consultation and follow-up support on treatment decisions in collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in team and/or local committees, internal and external case conferences and quality improvement activities. Collaborates with other community service providers and related disciplines to provide education and training related to mental/addiction. Provides input into the development, evaluation and delivery of the Inner City Youth Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addiction and mental health issues and related evidence-based best treatment practices.
- Broad knowledge of attachment and self-regulation theory and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments that include mental health and addictions standardized frameworks and tools.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and problem-solve.
- Ability to establish rapport with multi-barrier youth and young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, groups and other professionals within an interprofessional environment in a diverse community.
- Ability to work effectively with others, including working effectively in a multicultural environment, independently and as part of an interprofessional team and understanding the frameworks of other disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex clinical and psychosocial crises in the identified population.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of relevant Acts such as Mental Health Act, Freedom of Information Act, pertinent regulations, policies and procedures, and other statutory duties.
- Ability to educate and provide consultation to clients, families and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and deliver in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups.
- Ability to make effective referrals, reflecting in-depth knowledge of community resources and strong collaborative skills in working with other community partners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and professional practice guidelines for the treatment of various disorders.
- Demonstrated therapeutic skills and the ability to apply theory and practice in the areas of case management counseling, individual and group therapy to clients
- Master’s Degree in a related Health Discipline (e.g. Master’s Social Work MSW, M.Ed. (Counselling), M.A. (Clinical Psychology), Master’s Degree in Child and Youth Care) from an accredited university.
- Two (2) years recent, related experience working with youth and young adults with mental health and addiction in a community setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Eligible for registration with affiliated professional body.
- Provides therapeutic clinical counseling services to clients, families and groups in designated program area by exploring problems and personal concerns, treatment objectives, and emotional responses; facilitating change in coping style, behaviour, attitude and feelings; participating with clients, families, interdisciplinary team members and community partners to coordinate services, facilitate meetings and make referrals to appropriate resources.
- Conducts comprehensive psychosocial assessments in designated program area using methods such as interviewing the client and/or family to obtain relevant information, gathering social data regarding the client’s family, supports, environment, culture, living situation and financial status and interpreting the data to therapeutically impact the client’s and family’s coping abilities.
- Provides treatment services including crisis intervention, family work, education, and support according to a variety of theoretical models to patients and their informal support network as required by methods such as assessing situation, eliciting concerns, exploring emotional response to illness, identifying goals and expectations, reviewing client and learning needs, assisting with understanding of illness, teaching coping strategies, and consulting with colleagues when required.
- Assesses client needs and available services and develops care options with client input. Facilitates clients’ utilization of appropriate community services and rehabilitative programs through methods such as researching available services, liaising with service and program providers, advocating for services, and providing advice and consultation to colleagues.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Providence Health Care’s (PHC) Long-Term Care team is seeking a Resident Care Site Leader to support Brock Fahrni and Youville Residence.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project