Senior Operations Leader - The Views
SummaryProvidence Living is a newly created non-profit Catholic-sponsored health care organization focused on long-term care, assisted living, housing, and other community services to support seniors and their family members. We are committed to re-imagining the experience of seniors, especially those living with dementia, and to creating communities and fostering a culture where seniors are empowered to make decisions that affect their quality of life.
Reporting to the Vice President Seniors Care and Clinical Operations, provides operational leadership and support to interdisciplinary team members in the provision of quality care to residents and their families at The Views at St. Joseph’s (“The Views”). The Views is a long term home dedicated to the care of individuals requiring complex long term care or hospice care and serves the community of Comox. The Views embraces the multicultural and multi-faith diversity of its residents, patients, staff and volunteers.
The Senior Operations Leader has responsibility, in collaboration with Providence Living senior leaders, for the effective and efficient delivery of services at The Views. The Senior Operations Leader, in collaboration with Providence Living senior leadership, develops, reviews, and implements long and short range plans to meet the current and future needs of the home and the population it serves. This role promotes and facilitates the continuum of care delivery both internally and with external agencies in alignment with identified goals and strategic direction by implementing and use of quality improvement, utilization management, staff development and resource management strategies. This position functions as the Site Leader and works with clinical, corporate and support leaders to facilitate the smooth functioning of operations at the site and to ensure standard application of corporate policies and regulations appropriate to the site activity. Represents The Views and/or Providence Living with internal and external stakeholders, if necessary, and may be called upon to explain the role of the home, its policies and its programs to the public and media.
SkillsThe Senior Operations Leader possesses the following competencies that drive organizational success:
Self Awareness: Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations.
Manages Self: Takes responsibility for own performance and health.
Develops Self: Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth.
Demonstrates Character: Models qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience and confidence.
Fosters the Development of Others: Supports and challenges others to achieve professional and personal goals.
Contributes to the Creation of a Healthy Organization: Creates an engaging environment where others have meaningful opportunities and the resources to fulfill their expected responsibilities.
Communicates Effectively: Listens well. Encourages open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media.
Builds Effective Teams: Facilitates an environment of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results.
Sets Direction: Inspires vision. Identifies, establishes and communicates clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
Strategically Aligns Decisions with Vision, Values and Evidence: Integrates organizational mission, values and reliable, valid evidence to make decisions.
Takes Action to Implement Decisions: Acts in a manner consistent with the organizational values to yield effective, efficient public-centered service. Demonstrates business acumen by efficiently and effectively identifying and managing human, capital, financial and information resources.
Assesses and Evaluates Results: Measures and evaluates outcomes. Holds self and others accountable for results achieved against benchmarks. Corrects course as appropriate.
Builds Partnerships and Networks to Create Results: Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups.
Demonstrates a Commitment to Customers and Service: Facilitates collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups and perspectives to improve service.
Mobilizes Knowledge: Employs methods to gather intelligence. Encourages open exchange of information. Uses quality evidence to influence action across the system.
Navigates Socio-Political Environment: Is politically astute. Negotiates through conflict. Mobilizes support.
Demonstrates Systems/Critical Thinking: Thinks analytically and conceptually; questions and challenges the status quo to identify issues, solve problems and design and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders.
Encourages and Supports Innovation: Creates a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systematic change.
Strategically Oriented to the Future: Scans the environment for ideas, best practices and emerging trends that will shape the system.
Champions and Orchestrates Change: Actively contributes to change processes that improve health service delivery.
PROVIDENCE LIVING VALUES
Spirituality: We nurture the God-given creativity, love and compassion that dwells within us all.
Integrity: We build our relationships on honesty, justice and fairness.
Stewardship: We share accountability for the well-being of our community.
Trust: We behave in ways that promote safety, inclusion and support.
Excellence: We achieve excellence through learning and continuous improvement.
Respect: We respect the diversity, dignity and inter-dependence of all persons.
EducationMaster’s degree in a relevant health care, health care planning or business profession plus ten (10) years recent, related experience including five (5) years recent experience at the middle management level in a medium to large health care organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Duties1. Participates with senior leadership in the establishment of the goals and objectives for the home consistent with the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Directions.
2. Works effectively with the senior leadership to ensure that the strategic and operational goals of The Views are met. Leads the development of policies, procedures and standards to support the delivery of these goals and ensure consistency of practices.
3. Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team to ensure resident/family focused care is delivered within a coordinated and integrated care delivery model.
4. Builds strong interdisciplinary relationships and collaborates with identified leaders such as other Senior Operations Leaders, Physicians and community partners to ensure delivery of focused care to residents/families across the continuum of needs. Develop mechanisms to ensure appropriate input and feedback into the service from all stakeholders.
5. Leads agreed to change initiatives at the site by participating in the planning and development of activities on behalf on the site; chairs the site council and other groups and interfaces/links with community groups, foundations and internal stakeholders to ensure a continuum of communication is provided and site concerns are advanced.
6. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop the operating and capital budget for the areas of responsibility, monitor productivity indicators, budget variances and analysis. Approves timekeeping records, authorizes overtime and compiles periodic operational reports.
7. Directs and guides staff in the performance of their duties through the development of work plans, coaching, modeling key behaviours/strategies, encouraging dialogue and providing guidance and advice to facilitate resolution to work issues. Assists team members to define shared and individual goals, meet targets and ensure alignment with resident/family needs. Fosters team spirit, trust and mutual respect.
8. Evaluates individual and team performance, addresses performance issues, and assists team members in establishing personal development plans to promote continuous learning. Ensures staff adheres to professional standards of practice. Investigates work and staff issues and where necessary initiates disciplinary action up to and including termination.
9. Recruits new team members through methods such as identifying vacancies, interviewing candidates, making hiring decisions, and processing required documentation.
10. Develops, recommends, and implements, in collaboration with Human Resource Representative(s), strategies for recruitment and retention of staff that support the goals and objectives of the area(s) of responsibility.
11. Works with community and/or internal partners, as appropriate, to ensure the provision of timely care to meet the needs of patients/residents/families. Assists teams to manage risks, incidents, family/client complaints and discharge planning.
12. Ensures effective, two-way communications with and among team members so that each team is aware of and understands changes impacting them, the site, the organization and how such changes will impact delivery of services.
13. Provides the interface between the assigned sub-units and corporate/support systems to identify needs and participate in identifying solutions that will enable the front-line delivery of care.
14. Participates as a member of the leadership team by performing related duties such as formulating employer demands for collective bargaining, developing strike contingency plans, representing the employer during grievance proceedings, participating in the managerial 24-hour call structure and facilitating and initiating service delivery change proposals.
15. Creates an environment that embraces and facilitates interdisciplinary team learning, evaluation and continuous improvement.
Plant Operations Responsibilities
16. Develops and manages a preventative maintenance program for all buildings and equipment of the home.
17. Maintains, in cooperation with all departments, a Disaster Plan and Emergency Evacuation Program for the building. Directs practice drills and performs scheduled tests of fire alarm and emergency generator.
18. Responsible for developing and directing educational programs for staff regarding WHMIS, Disaster Plan, Fire Safety.
19. Manages all activities related to contractors, inspectors and officials to ensure regulatory compliance.
20. Develops major and minor capital project specifications, scope and design. Provides capital cost estimates and feasibility information. May tender, award and hire contractors for capital projects and ensures projects are completed in a timely manner, with minimum disruption, and within budget.
21. Ensures the development and implementation of an energy saving “green” plan.
22. Ensures the Views at all times is operated in full compliance with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act, 2004, Licensing Regulation.
23. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are looking for Registered Nurses that have a passion for providing care to patients with complex health needs. Our Urban Health Medical Unit at St.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project