Senior Manager, Technology Systems Implementation (New St. Paul's Hospital)
In support of Providence Health Care’s vision for the Clinical Support & Research Centre (CSRC), this Senior Manager will be accountable for the planning and implementation of the CSRC IT Program, which has been designed to meet the needs of all CSRC stakeholders, while also aligning with the Technology Program for the Core Hospital (Phase 1A). Since the new St. Paul’s Hospital & Health Campus site is envisioned as an integrated health campus, the IT Plan will view the CSRC as an extension of the Core Hospital to ensure that where appropriate, a campus-wide strategy will developed. This Senior Manager will be responsible for stakeholder and relationship management; integration planning, scheduling, and resource management for program deliverables; and ensuring alignment with other technology strategies and initiatives. The preferred candidate for this role has direct experience leading teams and overseeing the implementation of IT systems in other healthcare or research facilities within BC or across Canada.
SummaryReporting to the Associate Project Director, IMIT Planning and Implementation, the Senior Manager, Technology Systems Implementation is responsible for managing the overall design, planning, implementation and delivery of complex technology systems for the New St. Paul’s Hospital Project (the Project). The position provides leadership, oversees and manages all technology-related activities (non-clinical) of the Project including project management, budget control, contract negotiation, dispute resolution, and oversight of projects and project teams from design through to construction and commissioning, including directing and managing consultant teams. Ensures the delivery of services to meet the goals, objectives, and strategic directions of the Project and Providence Health Care (PHC).
- Broad knowledge of technology systems capital project planning and implementation processes, including design, construction and procurement within existing hospital facility construction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care and relevant government procedures, standards and requirements.
- Advanced project management skills including demonstrated effectiveness in planning and coordinating major projects from conceptual design through construction completion.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to others including staff and contractors.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate strategies to resolve conflict and build consensus between stakeholders on critical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, guide and direct stakeholders including staff and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem-solve complex issues towards creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently.
- Ability to productively use related systems and programs (such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and project management software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
EducationA level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, supplemented by formal training in project management plus seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in all phases of project planning, inclusive of supervisory experience, in a large complex organization such as health care; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Project Management Professional preferred.
Duties1. Supports the Associate Project Director, IMIT Planning and Implementation and acts as a key member of the Project Team, contributing to the effective management of the Project by overseeing the effective delivery of approved projects consistent with the Project and PHC’s strategic master plans.
2. Leads planning, transition and commissioning initiatives from development through to implementation. Ensures evaluation processes and risk mitigation strategies are in place throughout the Project to identify and address risks early in the life cycle of project elements.
3. Develops technology systems designs and specifications incorporating appropriate layouts, space allocations, signage, way-finding systems and equipment requirements. Provides project leadership within a dynamic health care environment on all facility designs, developments, and construction issues. Negotiates technical contract provisions and establishes requirements and timely approvals for related projects.
4. Applies technical expertise to advise and assist management to achieve its vision and strategic direction through the development of supporting documentation and artifacts for submission to the Government.
5. Develops and implements project goals and objectives for assigned area of responsibility, ensuring the delivery of effective and efficient services.
6. Develops, plans, implements, manages, and adjusts budgets for the area of responsibility including budget preparation, authorization control and reporting of expenditures. Completes variance analyses of the allocated budgets. Maintains accountability and authority over assigned project budgets from design through to construction and commissioning. Reports significant problems and makes recommendations for budgetary adjustments.
7. Liaises with key internal and external stakeholders, including User Groups, to provide planning, design, construction updates, explain project parameters, or obtain feedback and input.
8. Develops the related work plan(s) and coordinates and manages the system design streams of work from sub-projects/task groups as part of the overall integrated work plan.
9. Determines project team complement of assigned department and manages consultant teams to ensure effective performance of duties and an effective team environment.
10. Engages, directs and works with consultants and construction contractors to ensure that design and working drawings are consistent with planning and implementation process.
11. Updates knowledge of current and emerging hospital design and innovations through evidence-based design concepts. Assesses and responds to the impact of new design, technology and equipment and identifies opportunities to improve non-clinical services and processes.
12. Assesses and responds to the impact of new design, technology and equipment and identifies opportunities to improve non-clinical services and processes.
13. Ensures direct integration and coordination with the Associate Project Director, IMIT Planning and Implementation.
14. Prepares reports for the Associate Project Director, IMIT Planning and Implementation, the Project Steering Committee and project–related groups and provides timely updates on deliverable status and execution of major activities, issues, and risks.
15. Leads and participates on a variety of committees as required and establishes positive working relationships in order to ensure successful outcomes and cooperation from others on the project(s).
16. Performs other related duties as required.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This position is based at Alder in St. Vincent Hospital Langara.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project