RN/RPN Case Coordinator - Foundry Granville
Foundry Granville delivers a health experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, psychosocial rehab supports, peer support, and recreational activities. Based out of the Foundry Vancouver Centre on Granville Street between Davie and Drake, the centre welcomes walk-ins on weekdays. This role will be doing case management within the clinic and will also include some outreach. If you are excited about empowering youth to create stability, restoring their sense of self and belonging, and guiding them on a path to thrive this opportunity is perfect for you! To learn more about Foundry and the services and care we provide: https://foundrybc.ca/
SummaryIn accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Operations Leader or designate, the position works as part of an interprofessional mental and/or addiction health care team to provide flexible and inclusionary treatment and intensive case management services needs to individuals, primarily youth and young adults, with, and affected by mental health and addiction; and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum for individuals with mental illness and/or addiction. Establishes and maintains relationships with, and consults with, clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need. Performs key duties such as intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, education, and support to facilitate and coordinate client access to services. Participates in team and/or local committees, internal and external case conferences and quality improvement activities. Collaborates with other community service providers and related disciplines to provide education and training related to mental/addiction. Provides input into the development, evaluation and delivery of the Inner City Youth Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing theory and practice related to mental illness and addiction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital and community based resources and the ability to act as a liaison between services.
- Knowledge of Early Psychosis Intervention and Attachment Theory and its application.
- Demonstrated ability to provide treatment planning, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex clinical and psychosocial crises in the identified population
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Able to establish rapport with multi-barrier youth and young adult populations
- Ability to teach clients, families and staff.
- Ability to work as a member in an interprofessional team.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related client care information systems.
- Ability to provide clinical direction.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Two years’ recent, related experience working in youth and young adults with mental health and addiction in a community health setting. Completion of the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course, Level C.
- Provides outreach services to youth and young adults with chronic psychiatric issues as well as serious mental illness and/or addiction issues using a intensive case management approach by receiving and responding to referrals from a variety of sources; reviewing referral information, gathering client information/history and seeking additional information; evaluating overall client needs in order to develop, implement or revise treatment plan; identifying priority of service required; assessing high risk situations and providing crisis intervention as required; meeting with clients in various locations such as emergency rooms, inpatient units, and places of residence; providing client counselling services; and seeking input and collaborating with interprofessional team members to ensure optimal plan of care is implemented.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances therapeutic relationships based on respect with client and their informal support network by engaging stakeholders in treatment planning and evaluation, providing support and follow-up planning, promoting and supporting clients to manage self care, encouraging informed decision making and empowering the client to improve the quality of life. Teaches client and their family about management and treatment of specific psychiatric conditions, recurrent issues, themes, their symptoms and integration of illness into their lifestyle.
- Provides treatment services including crisis intervention, family work, education, and support according to a variety of theoretical models to clients and their informal support network as required by methods such as assessing situation, eliciting concerns, exploring emotional response to illness, identifying goals and expectations, reviewing client and family learning needs, assisting with understanding of illness, teaching coping strategies, and consulting with colleagues when required.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our Foundry Granville Vancouver team! In this role you will be supporting young people as part of the Foundry Works! initiative to help our clients gain meaningful employment experiences.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project