Reporting to the Operations Leader, the Staff Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs using an established framework for nursing practice. Develops, implements, evaluates and revises the plan of care. Incorporates individual and/or group teaching into the care plan and nursing interventions and/or makes referrals to other identified resources. Supports other nurses and health care professionals by collegially sharing information and demonstrating procedures. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Two years’ recent experience working in a tertiary care emergency department and/or two years’ recent medical/surgical experience with an approved post-basic emergency nursing specialty program.
Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures appropriate for the area of service.
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to role model conflict resolution strategies.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach and identify patient/resident learning needs.
- Ability to lead patient/family group sessions.
- Ability to provide clinical direction.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Foundry, in partnership with BC Children’s Hospital and our partners, have launched a virtual care initiative to improve young people’s access to mental health and substance use supports and services.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project