RN Cardiac Surgery ICU
The Heart Centre at St. Paul’s Hospital is British Columbia’s only comprehensive referral centre for patients with heart disease, a major teaching facility for cardiac professionals and a leader in understanding and treating heart disease. The CSICU at PHC is a provincial referral centre for cardiac surgery and the only cardiac transplant centre for BC and the Yukon. Specialized care is provided for patients receiving coronary artery bypass and valvular surgery as well as mechanical assist devices that function as a bridge to transplantation including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). We offer advanced training opportunities in Mechanical Assist Device management as well as Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy and our staff are encouraged to partake in a variety of academic sessions through the Heart Centre.
SummaryReporting to the Operations Leader, the Staff Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Completion of the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course, Level C.
Completion of a post graduate critical care course or one year of recent critical care experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Come work as a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at St. Paul’s Hospital! Providence Health Care (PHC) is looking for a Critical Care trained Registered Nurse to join the Cardiac Intensive Care unit at St. Paul’s Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project