Research Project Coordinator Foundry
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Research Manager, Foundry, the Research Project Coordinator organizes and conducts research activities and research-related projects for the study. The Research Project Coordinator provides input and support into the development of the study, creating protocols, consent forms, operating procedures, Research Ethic Board applications, approvals and other related correspondence. The Coordinator is responsible for performing data collection and associated responsibilities including participant recruitment, conducting and documenting informed consent, data collection (interviews, surveys, etc.) and data storage/management. Undertakes data entry and analysis appropriate to study design and in line with the analysis plan. Partakes in the design and development of communication and knowledge translation activities and stakeholder engagement strategies. Supports local partners and study sites with the implementation of the research study. Attends education sessions and actively participates in research study meetings
- Knowledge of the theories, concepts, approaches, policies and practices relevant to substance use treatment and prevention and understanding of mental health and substance use treatment landscape in BC.
- Understanding of the academic research process acquired through practical and/or academic experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload, handle multiple assignments effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing documents, reports, and communication materials.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork, work collaboratively and build consensus with diverse groups.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project organization, implementation, and networking skills.
- Excellent research skills, with an ability to conduct basic analysis of both qualitative and quantitative research data.
- Demonstrated ability using analytical software such as NVivo, SPSS, SAS, and R.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite and database management skills.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foresee risk and allow for contingency when planning; monitor and adjust plans, as necessary.
EducationA level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Public Health or related field;
Minimum of two (2) years’ recent related research experience organizing, coordinating, and managing research projects and/or grant-based programs, conducting research for and/or with youth and experience in youth engagement and/or knowledge of best practices and principles in youth engagement.
Tri-Council Policy Statement concerning Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS2) is an asset.
DutiesAssists with the preparation of research grant applications, including drafting applications, consent forms, data collection tools, operating procedures and study budgets for new research proposals as well as updating CVs and facilitating co-investigator contributions.
Under the supervision of the Research Manager or Principal Investigator(s), assists with research accounting and reporting activities including drafting expense reports, invoices, and expense claims, drafting reports to funders and monitoring and updating study budgets. Liaises with Research Finance or Accounting Departments as needed.
Prepares Research Ethics Board (REB) applications (including harmonized applications), amendments and renewals, liaising with REB’s to ensure study documents and procedures are up to regulatory standards.
Creates, develops and/or compiles relevant data collection tools, including interview guides, focus group scripts, survey tools and others.
Obtains and documents subject informed consent (from participant or substitute decision-maker). Conducts data collection with research participants (including clients, substitute decision makers, and health care providers), which may entail face-to-face surveys, focus groups, or interviews.
Provides research support at the site-level through all phases of the research study. Liaises with care providers and other relevant stakeholders at study sites to ensure that research protocols are conducted in accordance with applicable ethical and regulatory standards. Acts as a resource for study participants and research staff.
Assists in developing and implementing knowledge mobilization plans, activities and products including assisting in the preparation of reports, manuscripts and presentations.
Conducts stakeholder engagement (including youth, families and health care professionals) and at the community-level by facilitating engagement events, consultations, or workshops on the topic or subject of focus for the study (e.g. mental health and substance use services).
Collaborates and coordinates efforts with project partners in British Columbia (BC), cross-provincially and nationally, as indicated by the study, to advance the study’s objectives and share relevant findings.
Designs and maintains databases, conduct data entry and quality checks and uses research software to analyze data, where applicable.
Contributes to the design and creation of communications and public relations tools about research studies (e.g. flyers, posters, other materials) in order to recruit participants; coordinates meetings among community, staff, research teams, and support staff.
Supervises and/or mentors research staff (e.g., Research Assistants, Peer Researchers, and/or students and trainees) by performing duties such as providing guidance and direction on study protocols/processes (e.g., the data collection process, process or participant-related questions, managing participant-related changes, data entry), participating in the recruitment and selection of research staff, providing orientation and training, monitoring staff performance and providing feedback to the Research Manager or Principal Investigator(s).
Coordinates activities of research related projects; assists the Research Manager with various administrative tasks associated with day to day operations of the study.
Attends internal meetings and education secessions as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are looking for Registered Nurses that have a passion for providing care to patients with complex health needs. Our Urban Health Medical Unit at St.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project