Project Support Coordinator
SummaryReporting to the designated supervisor the position provides related administrative support and works in collaboration with the Project Director/Leads /Teams to identify, track, coordinate, and prioritize project initiatives to ensure the various divisions of the Project overall for the designated area(s) are meeting their targets and goals in a timely and cost-effective manner, inkeeping with the policies, procedures, standards, directions governing the Project. Maintains primary project coordination responsibility for the designated area and provides administrative and clerical support for project planning, project management, communications, research, and contract administration during the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of the assigned Projects.
Responsible for the overall coordination of consistent, timely information dissemination for key stakeholders such as the public, service providers, and relevant policy/decision makers.
Supports team efforts with internal and external partners on ongoing programs and initiatives, and in related research and knowledge exchange activity, to help improve the quality and accessibility of health services, health promotion and prevention efforts. Provides support to the designated supervisor in the coordination of a diversity of projects of varying size and scope in a complex and changing multidisciplinary environment, and tracks to ensure the projects are meeting designated goals and timeframes.
- Ability to implement, and demonstrated knowledge of, project management, process coordination, and quality improvement skills.
- Ability to conduct detailed research (such as literature and best practice initiatives) and to analyse findings.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, organize, problem-solve and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently using initiative and judgment.
- Ability to type proficiently.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of computerized software, databases and systems (such as Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Reference Manager and Internet Explorer.)
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Project Management supplemented with three (3) to five (5) years’ recent related project management experience with facilities projects within a large, complex organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Provides administrative and clerical support for highly sensitive, confidential matters, and documents, monitors, and helps coordinate the work of the teams and the execution of the varied projects from initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion. Ensures two-way information flow and that project work of the various teams is on track, adheres to project protocols, is completed within the required timelines, and is inkeeping with organizational policies, procedures and direction. Ensures issues are reviewed, resolved, or escalated to the appropriate level to meet project delivery user requirements and project timelines.
- Maintains an understanding of the project schedule(s), deliverables, and commitments as set out in project charters and other work plans. Provides support to relevant staff on developing project actions and monitoring deliverables.
- Provides project and contract administration support and coordination in the development and operational implementation of assigned projects and initiatives. Coordinates documentation for key activities, tracks and documents project status, risks and issues management and related issues.
- Performs related administrative and clerical related duties as required.
- Provides ongoing, frequent, clear and concise reports to project teams and leadership on progress updates, issues, challenges, and opportunities. Presents project updates to internal stakeholder groups, external agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders. Ensures issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) so that project budget, schedule, deliverables, and user requirements are met.
- Researches, identifies, collects, and analyses relevant data/information relating to current projects, maintains confidentiality and provides input and recommendations to project team for development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings and policy/practice implications.
- Through a variety of mediums, assists with and ensures the dissemination of information and knowledge related to projects and key initiatives for the projects overall.
- Actively supports the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to support and help identify best strategies and activities for team members and other stakeholders, including helping identify appropriate staff. Assists the teams in accessing and utilizing appropriate project management tools and resources.
- Provides feedback and input to the designated supervisor in establishing and preparing standards, procedures and instructions that contribute to the effectiveness of the project(s). Acts as a liaison between project/planning teams and program leads to ensure that standards and policies are in place and developed in accordance with the needs of other departments and the end users. Liaises with appropriate stakeholders to ensure coordination of information is maintained.
- In collaboration with the relevant Project Manager(s) and/or Director(s), coordinates the implementation and communication of approved recommendations, processes, standards, resulting from previous projects, research, best practice, and policy reviews.
- Coordinates and arranges project team meetings as required in consideration of urgency and nature of the subject matter. In consultation with the project team(s) prepares documents including presentation, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes and reports in an accurate and timely manner. Develops and maintains spreadsheet and database software to record, analyse, and display data. Utilizes business diagram software to prepare flow charts, project plans, organizational charts and other material.
- Ensures the project Master Schedule is kept up to date and clearly incorporates progress relative to all identified tasks. Ensures team members such as contractors/consultants/others maintain schedules and integrates that information into the Master Schedule. Prepares monthly schedule updates for reporting to various committees as required. Updates any changes to the critical path and communicates updates to the designated supervisor.
- Functions as the point of contact and liaison with the designated supervisor to receive and convey information related to the project(s) as assigned. Drafts and coordinates ongoing communications between project team(s) and stakeholders.
- Updates and maintains filing / tracking systems (both electronic and hard copy) to ensure access and timely retrieval of information.
- Monitors period, quarterly, mid-year and year-end budget expenditures and reports variances. Gathers and summarizes financial information related to assigned projects for submission to the project lead and sponsor.
- Liaises with Finance department to ensure project consultant invoices are tabulated against project budgets and co-related to the master schedule progress reports. Processes payment requests and invoices for expenditures. Collects and deposits funds and maintains banking records and reports as needed.
- Coordinates, schedules and prioritizes appointments and meetings in collaboration with the designated supervisor and/or project team members. Invites and confirms attendance of guests, assists with room bookings and set up, arranges for necessary equipment, supplies and catering. Determines requirements and ensures all necessary support documentation is available and arrangements are completed. Prepares and distributes agendas, attends and records meeting notes. Monitors task list and follows up on action items as required.
- Ensures alignment of the project teams with external consultants and with the processes and standards of the Integrated Project Processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to pursue a Critical Care Certificate through the BCIT Critical Care Program. Upon successful completion of the program, you will work in the Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) and Surgical Day Care (SDC) at St. Paul’s Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project