Program Administrative Assistant
SummaryReporting to the Program Director, and/or Site Leader, and/or under the work direction of Physician Program Director, the Program Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative functions in support of the program and/or designated Program Directors, Operations Leaders and/or Site Leader. Provides Program administrative support utilizing computerized word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics software to produce confidential correspondence and other communications, to input and organize data, display results and prepare overheads. Processes and disseminates information including medical-legal, labor relations, and disciplinary correspondence. Works with other Program Administrative Assistants and Executive Assistants to ensure coverage in designated areas and to assist with priority organizational projects.
- Ability to handle multiple complex and competing priorities.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keyboard at 60 WPM.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office ‘97 and up to but not limited to 2000, Microsoft Access and maintain related databases, Visio, Pagemaker, Outlook/MS Exchange & Schedule +, Internet and other Windows software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of basic bookkeeping/accounting procedures and concepts.
- High School Diploma, completion of a recognized secretarial or business program and three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Palliative Care Unit at St. Paul’s Hospital is a 12-bed unit that focuses on the acute care needs of individuals living with life-limiting illnesses. It is an area where complex pain and other symptoms can be investigated, diagnosed, and treated.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project