Practice Consultant - Allied Health
Providence Health Care’s Professional Practice team is hiring a Practice Consult to support our Allied Health professionals.
What is the Professional Practice team?
Person & Family Centred care is a foundational principle of PHC’s Mission: Forward Strategic Plan. The Professional Practice department at Providence Health Care works to ensure that the delivery of patient care is aligned with the professional standards, as well as providing our clinical teams with the policies and processes that support and guide the disciplines in providing safe, quality, person and family centred care.Reporting to the designated Director of Professional Practice & Nursing, the Practice Consultant is responsible for the provision of expert practice consultation and leading and coordinating professional practice project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Works with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication and addressing potential barriers to success. Supervises staff and communicates with all levels of staff and management to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information to promote and advance interprofessional practice across PHC. Liaises with staff, consultants, other health care entities and other external agencies, as needed. Develops sustainable education plans and evaluates outcomes and acts as a resource for staff.
Qualifications & Skills:
Master’s Degree in a Regulated Allied Profession, and seven (7) to ten (10) year’s recent, related experience that includes managing large-scale projects, facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current registration with appropriate licensing body.
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional practice standards and application of standards to acute, residential and community environments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach staff on these skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of appropriate professional practice allied health regulations and their impact on clinical practice with a view to maximizing resource capacity.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and residential settings.
- Effective communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving physician and nursing communities.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Functional knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent. If your experience is close to the qualifications listed here, please still consider applying.
Providence Health Care is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for all employees. We strongly believe in an environment where everyone feels valued and respected, which is reflected in our motto “how you want to be treated.” We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, and encourage applications from underrepresented communities, including (but not limited to) BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day. Come work as a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac ICU at St. Paul’s Hospital! …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project