Nurse Educator - Long-Term Care
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the position promotes a safe environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Operations Leader and receiving work direction from the Chief of Professional Practice and Nursing, provides visible, accessible clinical support to the nursing staff by acting as an education resource for staff in the clinical areas. Develops, implements, and evaluates educational programs for nursing staff.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to teach, coach, and provide clinical support.
- Ability to identify learning needs and develop educational programs.
- Ability to provide and/or develop resource materials, including educational materials.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of adult education principles.
- Ability to lead a group.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to role model conflict resolution strategies.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work independently.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including computers.
Registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant, plus three years recent related nursing experience in the designated clinical area of specialty including one year of experience (or training) in areas such as teaching, leadership, mentoring and preceptoring, facilitating group processes, team building, orientation/education program design, development, implementation and evaluation. Educator Pathway education is preferred.
Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
*For additional qualifications required in specific areas, please see attached information on “Additional Qualifications and Education required for Specific Staff Nurse positions”.
**For Nurse Educator vacancies in mental health services and in extended and intermediate care services, positions will be dual posted for Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the Registered Nurses Association of British Columbia and/or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) is transitioning to a combined unit with Surgical Day Care (SDC/PACU) to align with the model of care that will be implemented at the new St. Paul’s Hospital on Terminal Avenue.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project