Manager, Service Implementation & Integration - Foundry
Foundry delivers a health and wellness experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, peer support, and social services. This role will be part of the Foundry Central Office team in Vancouver, however the candidate must live in Northern BC (Prince George, Terrace, Kitimat, 100 Mile House, Prince Rupert, Quesnel, Williams Lake etc.) as this role works collaboratively with centres and sites within the Northern Health Region. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy creating and implementing new initiatives this is the team for you! To learn more about Foundry and the care and services we provide: https://foundrybc.ca/
SummaryReporting to the Provincial Director, Service Innovation, Foundry, the Manager, Service Implementation & Integration, Foundry uses implementation science framework and concepts to support the clinical planning, coordination and implementation of programs/ services at the centre level for Foundry - a provincial initiative with the goal of providing youth and young adults with enhanced access to integrated health and social services, thereby easing transition points for youth and their families.
The Manager, Service Implementation & Integration works with Foundry Centres to lead and/or support the development and implementation of services from early stages to fidelity, integration and sustainability. Develops knowledge products for Foundry Centres on evidence based standards and best practice to guide implementation. Assesses the service plan for operational feasibility and ensures the development at the physical Foundry site incorporates service delivery. Liaises with local clinical leaders, staff, and other stakeholders to validate site(s) readiness and assists with the management of the change at the site level. Collaborates with the Provincial Directors to establish project charters and work plans, tracks progress and monitors status.
Working with the Foundry Research and Evaluation team, supports implementation of data collection platforms at the Centres in order to evaluate and develop quality improvement measures. Chairs meetings with the interdisciplinary teams and stakeholders at the site level, attends local governance meetings as a representative for Foundry Central Office.
Skills• Comprehensive knowledge of Implementation Science and Practice framework and conceptual model.
• Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate and promote collaboration and change management, and work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving to implement service plans and realize program completion.
• Broad knowledge of health care systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge of mental health and substance use concerns and evidence-based best practices for the treatment of various disorders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of youth and family development, risk and protective factors for health development, promotion, prevention and early intervention approaches.
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of relevant Acts, pertinent regulations, policy, procedures and other statutory and certification requirements (such as the Mental Health Act, Adult Guardian Acts, Child, Family and Community Service Act, and Freedom of Information Act).
• Demonstrated ability to identify learning needs, teach, coach and provide clinical information and guidance.
• Ability to complete a literature review for best practices and current trends in the areas of program development.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of evidence based clinical care pathways and processes.
• Demonstrated ability in coordinating programs with clinical service.
• Effective communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving physician and nursing communities.
• Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
• Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Functional knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant Health Care discipline and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in program implementation and working with youth and young adults with mental health and/or substance use in a community and/ or hospital setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
- Eligible for registration and/or registration with applicable licensing body.
- Engages and collaborates with Foundry Centres (local leadership and teams, partner stakeholders) and leads and/ or supports the planning, development, implementation, evaluation, quality improvement, and decision-making at the local level. Works alongside Foundry Centres from the early stages of onboarding, to implementation of services and ongoing iterations of service development towards fidelity and integration
- Uses implementation science framework and concepts including evidence-based research in clinical practice to interpret policy, procedures and standards related to client care, identifies best practice and emerging trends, conducts literature reviews and environmental scans to support program decision-making, planning and implementation.
- Writes knowledge products such as templates, resources, guidelines and standards , which include analyses, recommendations and expectations supported by evidence-based standards and best practices for integrated youth services and shares with Foundry Centre teams as part of supporting fidelity to the service delivery model.
- Supports the development of the service plan ensuring it is well defined, operationally feasible, efficient, and effective for integrated youth services and delivery. Reviews and advises on budgets, staffing requirements and service scheduling. Works collaboratively with Foundry Centre team members, community partners and contracted services to ensure that the requirements identified in the service plan are reflected in the development of the physical environment at each Foundry site and the operationalization of Foundry’s core service streams.
- Provides practice training in collaboration with the Knowledge Exchange and Mobilization Coordinator, and supports sustainability of interventions and approaches by coaching, seeking ongoing feedback and addressing changes in use of interventions/approaches over time. Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of measurable quality improvement indicators and objectives for programs/services. Promotes and applies research towards continuous improvement of services.
- Facilitates the development of community partnerships. Works with lead agencies, community sector representatives, Regional Health Authorities, and public services organizations, to support clinical pathway development and strategic implementation plans at Foundry Centres across BC.
- Conducts and chairs meetings with stakeholders, explains parameters of the program/ service and seeks input from interdisciplinary team that impacts the clinical and strategic aspects of the service plan. Attends local governance table meetings (Funders’ Table, Leadership Table) as a representative of Foundry Central Office.
- Works with Provincial Directors, Program Development Leaders and the Foundry team to establish detailed project charters, work plans, and objectives to outline timelines and program/ service project deliverables. Takes a lead role in providing project coordination and implementing practice change.
- Executes service plan according to implementation science framework and concepts and methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of service plan components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for program/ service implementation.
- Tracks progress according to plan, monitors and reports on the status of program/ service plan and major issues/ obstacles encountered. In collaboration with the Provincial Director, makes recommendations regarding program/ service plan scope changes, rationale for change, seeks consensus and proceeds as needed. Acts as a resource to team and staff, provides support and maintains timelines.
- Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure success and to assess risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitors risk throughout the life cycle of the program/ service plan.
- Works in collaboration with Foundry’s Research & Evaluation team to implement evaluation processes at Foundry Centres, including supporting the implementation of Foundry’s data collection platform(s) and administration of data collection tools linked to evaluation.
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategies that support the operationalization of public policy across Foundry Centres at the local level.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Crosstown Clinic is the first Clinic in North America to offer medical-grade heroin (diacetylmorphine) and the legal analgesic hydromorphone within a supervised clinical setting to chronic substance use patients.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project