Manager, Accounting Services
Providence Health Care is looking for a Manager to join its Financial Services team. You will be reporting to the Corporate Director, Financial Service and will be responsible for leading the Accounting department. As a Manager Accounting you will:
- Provide accounting expertise to support financial decision making, often requiring innovative thinking and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Provide leadership in both internal and external financial reporting for the organization including managing the external audit, reporting to the government and financial statement analysis.
- Establish internal controls including the development, recommendation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures that ensure the delivery of effective and efficient general accounting and financial reporting services and to protect the resources and assets of PHC.
- Develop and recommend short and long range goals and objectives for the department and ensure plans support the goals, policies and vision of Financial Services.
- Provide leadership to departmental staff, develop an on-going system for measuring performance and implement quality improvement programs.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff, employee development and performance management.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills able to effectively work with others in a consultative/collaborative manner.
- Proficient leader committed to change and process management able to achieve results through others.
- Ability to plan, organize, problem-solve and prioritize work.
- Ability to work diplomatically and persuasively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong ability to work in a time sensitive, multi-project environment.
- Extensive experience with complex computer systems, project planning and control.
Recognized professional accounting designation plus five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent related experience, including a minimum three (3) years in a management position within a large organization with an emphasis on accounting processing, financial systems and reporting.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to pursue a Critical Care Certificate through the BCIT Critical Care Program. Upon successful completion of the program, you will work in High Acuity at Mt St Joseph Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project