Leader, Program Implementation - Foundry
Foundry delivers a health and wellness experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, peer support, and social services. This role is based out of our Foundry Corporate office in downtown Vancouver. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy creating and implementing new initiatives this is the team for you! To learn more about Foundry and the care and services we provide: https://foundrybc.ca/
SummaryReporting to the Provincial Director, Service Innovation, Foundry, the Leader, Program Implementation, Foundry is responsible for the implementation of program and service frameworks at Foundry centres across the province for Foundry - a provincial initiative with the goal of providing youth and young adults with enhanced access to integrated services, thereby easing transition points for youth and their families.
The Leader, Program Implementation builds relationships and collaborates with Foundry centre leaders in the development plans of implementing the program, exploring new initiatives and service improvements and providing leadership and expertise. Uses implementation science framework and concepts to support the clinical planning, coordination and implementation of programs and services from early stages to fidelity, integration and sustainability. Collaborates with the Provincial Directors and Foundry Central Office to establish project charters and work plans, tracks progress and monitors status. Communicates strategy and executes activities and provides ongoing support to the Foundry centres. Develops operational policies, leads and promotes policies, procedures and processes and best practice standards. Working with the Foundry Research and Evaluation team, supports implementation of data collection platforms at the centres in order to evaluate and develop quality improvement measures. The Leader develops/manages project related budget and expenditures and provides leadership and direction to own staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of evidence based clinical care pathways and processes.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating programs with clinical service.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Implementation Science and Practice framework and conceptual model.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of health care systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental health and substance use concerns and evidence-based best practices for the treatment of various disorders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of youth and family development, risk and protective factors for health development, promotion, prevention and early intervention approaches.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of relevant Acts, pertinent regulations, policy, procedures and other statutory and certification requirements (such as the Mental Health Act, Adult Guardian Acts, Child, Family and Community Service Act, and Freedom of Information Act).
- Demonstrated ability to identify learning needs, teach, coach and provide clinical information and guidance.
- Ability to complete a literature review for best practices and current trends in the areas of program development.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and participating in consultations with internal and external stakeholders/partners; working with senior leaders and other senior professionals.
- Strong interpersonal and dispute-resolution skills to effectively deal with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address complex and diverse systems, which could have a significant impact on client care.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team to organize and prioritize workload in a complex environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing at various levels of the
- organization including the ability to deliver presentations.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including relevant computer applications.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Master’s degree in a relevant health care discipline plus seven (7) to ten (10) years’ of recent leadership and program implementation experience in a health care or community setting, working with youth and young adults with mental health and/or substance use or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Working with the Foundry Provincial Directors, provides leadership and expertise in the implementation of programs and service frameworks at Foundry centres. Establishes program goals for the centres, develops methodology including policies and ongoing operations and monitoring, evaluation and modification of the program and its activities. Ensures the program adopts standards developed by Foundry Central Office (FCO) that reflect best practices.
- Builds strong relationships with Foundry centre leaders and partners and ensures that all stakeholders’ input is given consideration in the planning, implementation, and evaluation process with respect to the program. Works with centre leaders and partners to ensure seamless and coordinated client flow throughout the continuum of care and explores opportunities for new initiatives and service improvements.
- Works with the Provincial Directors and partners with Foundry centre leaders and stakeholders to translate strategy on program initiatives and policies and plans into executable activities across the continuum of care and services. Maintains ongoing support and keeps centre leaders and partners aware of FCO planning and ensures effective communication channels are in place.
- Creates detailed project charters, work plans, and objectives to outline program implementation timelines, program/ service project deliverables at the Foundry centers. Takes a lead role in providing project coordination and implementing practice change, including directing project staff where required.
- Collaborates with Foundry centre leaders and partners to lead and/or participate in the integration of the program. Engages stakeholders in problem-solving and applying tools of quality improvement, utilization and risk management, including implementation of standards and tracking mechanisms, and use of data and variance analysis. Provides consultative services to Foundry centre Directors/Managers and Clinical Leaders regarding program operations, staffing budgets and services.
- Tracks program progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of program and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding scope changes, rationale for change, seeks consensus and proceeds as needed. Acts as a resource, provides support and maintains timelines.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting on deliverbales and results to funding bodies are submitted as required per funding agreements.
- Communicates with funders, stakeholders, partners and the organization on the scope and status of the program, benefits to stakeholders/others, obligations and responsibilities and changes in processes. Ensures questions and concerns are addressed in order to achieve buy in.
- Works alongside Foundry Centres from the early stages of onboarding, to implementation of services and ongoing iterations of service development towards fidelity and integration.
- Uses implementation science framework and concepts including evidence-based research in clinical practice to interpret policy, procedures and standards related to client care, identifies best practice and emerging trends, conducts literature reviews and environmental scans to support program decision-making, planning and implementation.
- Leads, develops and promotes operational policies, procedures, processes, mechanisms and tools that anchor Foundry services and activities on a foundation of legislative, regulatory, standard and best practices.
- Facilitates the development of community partnerships. Works with lead agencies, community sector representatives, Regional Health Authorities, and public services organizations, to support clinical pathway development and strategic implementation plans at Foundry Centres across BC.
- Works in collaboration with Foundry’s Research & Evaluation team to implement evaluation processes at Foundry centres for the program, including supporting the implementation of Foundry’s data collection platform(s) and administration of data collection tools linked to evaluation of the program.
- In collaboration with the Provincial Director, develops a budget plan for the program that meets the goals and objectives, monitors expenditures, identifies financial issues, and seeks to adhere to budget or take corrective action.
- Provides leadership and direction to own staff, coaches and mentors staff; encourages staff development; monitors and evaluates staff to ensure effective performance of duties, including administration of the progressive discipline process, up to and including termination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Heart Centre at St. Paul’s Hospital is British Columbia’s only comprehensive referral centre for patients with heart disease, a major teaching facility for cardiac professionals and a leader in understanding and treating heart disease.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project