HIM Culture and Communications Coordinator
This role will be a key member of the Health Information Management (HIM) team at Providence Health Care. Our team has the unique task to serve Health Information for majority of the province. HIM is a leader in the collection, storage, and use of patient information within British Columbia. As a consolidated Lower Mainland department of Providence Health Care, HIM has staff at 42 geographically dispersed locations across Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services Authority and Vancouver Coastal Health.
Approximately 1,350 staff working the following Service Areas: Registration, Records Management, Transcription Services & Health Information Exchange, and Coding & Informatics. Additional Corporate Services include: Business Analytics, Privacy, Quality Improvement and Projects, Corporate Communications.
What you will do
The Culture and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting initiatives and activities to help develop our people and enhance the employee experience.
The Coordinator will:
- Develop and implement strategies for effective internal staff communication
- Create a variety of communications materials (newsletters, articles, presentations) for different audiences across HIM
- Develop and facilitate staff engagement activities (including onboarding, recognition, learning and development)
- Manage branding and our visual identity
- Liaise and support leaders in helping reach their operational goals
- Maintaining and developing internal and external sites
What you need
The Coordinator will bring experience in writing internal and external communications and some website experience. The Coordinator will also have experience working with leadership to ensure that key messages are delivered in a clear, coordinated, and consistent manner to all relevant audiences. Our team needs someone who sees the benefit and strength of employee engagement and understands how to take large concepts and make it relatable and meaningful to all HIM staff.
Completion of a university degree in a related field like engagement, writing, communications, change or marketing/advertising, plus three (3) years’ experience in organizational communications and internal/external engagement activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional assets: experience in health care communications, experience in change management and project management activities.
Read more about HIM: http://www.himconnect.ca
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Gastrointestinal (GI) Clinic located at St. Paul’s Hospital provides endoscopic procedures on an outpatient, inpatient and emergency basis.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project