Help Desk/IT Support - Foundry Virtual
This position will be providing support to our Foundry Virtual Care team with maintaining the technological environment and processes related to service delivery. This role will be the go-to expert for all technical or system support related to the brand new Foundry BC app and all relevant Foundry BC Platforms. This role will participate in Foundry Virtual meetings with the team to share updates and improvements. To learn more about Foundry Virtual care: https://foundrybc.ca/virtual/
SummaryReporting to the Project Manager, Foundry, the Help Desk /IT Support provides Foundry staff with a stable and reliable work environment in relation to hardware, software, application programs, desktop and basic networks. Determines and troubleshoots IT related issues, explains functions to users, creates basic training materials and demonstrates applications. Installs, tests, and configures new workstations including deploying updates and preventative maintenance. Identifies needs for new and modified computer hardware and software and works with vendors to ensure maintenance and repair of software enhancements. The Help Desk/IT Support is responsible for user account management, which includes account creation, relaying account details, password resets, application access and deactivating user accounts. Acts as a liason with Vendors, IMITS, and PHC privacy and security teams and participates in Foundry Central Office meetings as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of technology, hardware, software, networks and operating systems including Apple and Windows OS.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to computer equipment and software applications.
- Ability to install, upgrade, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain computer equipment and software applications.
- Ability to identify, investigate, assess, document, and resolve software and hardware problems.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop solutions.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to orient and train.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
EducationGraduation from a computer systems technology diploma program plus two (2) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Provides Help Desk support related to hardware, software, application programs, and basic network communications by performing duties such as determining problems, explaining functions to users, creating basic training materials and demonstrating applications.
- Installs, tests, and configures new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Performs installation, upgrading, preventative maintenance, and routine repair. Troubleshoots issues and concerns related to hardware, software, application programs, basic network, and desktop issues. Ensures issues are fully resolved and/or re-assign as appropriate.
- Works with vendors to ensure maintenance and repair of software enhancements and solutions and communicates these internally to impacted staff at Foundry.
- Identifies requirements for new and modified computer hardware and software, and makes recommendations when required, coordinates the delivery and installation.
- Acts as a liaison with the IMITS, PHC’s Information Access and Privacy teams and other external agencies on matters impacting privacy and security of systems.
- Responsible for user account management for all Foundry systems (Microsoft, CRM, LMS, etc.) including account creation, relaying account details, password resets, application access and deactivating user accounts.
- Assists with the administration of global address books and email groups. Provides support with video recording, projectors, monitors, computers, phones, webinars and related devices.
- Participates in meetings with the Foundry Central Office team as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This Licensed Practical Nurse position will be working at our Overdose Prevention Site at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project