Executive Assistant, Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
The Indigenous Wellness & Reconciliation (IWR) department was formally established in June 2020. Our programs and services include: The Indigenous Wellness Liaison Program, Peer Support Program, and Cultural Safety Program
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Providence Health Care (PHC) is committed to the process of Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples in B.C. and to our Mission-driven work of enhancing the cultural safety of our services, spaces, and relationships.
Reporting to the VP Indigenous Wellness & Reconciliation , performs a variety of senior level secretarial and administrative functions to support the efficient coordination of the office such as scheduling, organizing and attending committee/departmental/Board and Executive meetings to record minutes, scheduling appointments, screening, prioritizing, processing and responding to incoming and outgoing correspondence, telephone calls/messages and acts on requests/inquiries of the office consistent with the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Directions of Providence Health Care (PHC). The position interfaces with external agencies and senior representatives from both the public and private sector to support the Senior Leadership Team member and the team as a whole and may provide work direction and senior administrative leadership to secretarial support positions.
1. Maintains appointment calendars and time commitments for the SLT member and other members of the Indigenous Wellness & Reconciliation team as directed by performing duties such as receiving requests for appointments and/or information regarding meetings, determining the urgency of request, scheduling appointments and meetings, coordinating and altering schedules as deemed necessary and liaising with designated personnel internally and externally as required. Books rooms, notifies participants and circulates appointment schedules to attendees.
2. Screens, triages and responds/acts upon requests and inquires of the office including incoming emails for the SLT member as directed. Greets and directs visitors, answers in person or telephone inquiries, and receives and relays messages and couriers. Screens, determines urgency and prioritizes issues and items for the attention of the SLT member or team staff as designated; processes incoming and outgoing mail.
3. Produces a variety of technical, non-technical and confidential materials such as business proposals, reports, presentation materials, memorandums, formal correspondences, and staff notices either from dictation, handwritten draft, email request or verbal request utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and graphic software; investigates, gathers and compiles information on issues and drafts correspondence and/or reports.
4. Schedules and organizes meetings and seminars by booking meeting rooms, inviting and confirming attendance of guests, arranging necessary printing, drafting and distributing handouts, agendas, and minutes. Arranges provision of any necessary equipment such as flipcharts, overhead projector, microphones as well as catering needs; attends and records proceeding or participates in presenting information.
5. Performs clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying, setting up and maintaining a variety of departmental and individual files and records; maintains a bring forward system.
6. Participates in a variety of special projects that may be on-going or time limited focus by performing a variety of project specific functions such as researching information, coordinating activities/initiatives and compiling analytical data.
7. Makes travel and hotel arrangements and reservations including confirming dates, contacting travel agents, obtaining cost and billing information, verifying and forwarding itineraries.
8. Monitors expenditures as required for budgeted areas; maintains equipment and stationary supplies according to department needs and budget by identifying depleting items, completing internal requisitions to order replacement items, and verifying receipt of items by comparing order received to purchase order.
9. Arranges maintenance/repairs on departmental equipment such as fax, photocopier, and printers and takes appropriate follow-up action with reference to warranty information and invoices.
10. Provides work direction and acts as a senior resource to administrative support staff, as required, in accordance with the structure and needs of the service delivery entity. May provide orientation and training, maintains vacation schedules, completes timesheets, and provides input into performance evaluations and hiring decisions.
11. Prioritizes own daily administrative workload including mail, e-mail, and voicemail to ensure deadlines are met. Identifies inefficiencies in office procedures and recommends changes.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12. Completion of a recognized secretarial program, and/or additional courses such as: business training, communications, and people skills.
Five years recent senior level secretarial experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 60 WPM.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to co-ordinate complex meetings with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Previous experience working with Indigenous peoples and organizations would be an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), related databases and ability to navigate the internet efficiently. Knowledge and use of MS Visio and web publishing software would be an asset.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Foundry delivers a health and wellness experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, peer support, and social services. …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project