SummaryReporting to the Manager or Clinic Coordinator, the Screener works in a team based environment to provide a welcoming, informative, and respectful presence for individuals accessing services at the Crosstown site and ensures established site procedures and guidelines are followed with an emphasis on safety, and infection prevention and control. The Screener is responsible for greeting and engaging with individuals accessing services at the site and asking questions regarding potential symptoms using established and provided scripts and forms. Directs individuals to hand-sanitizer stations and using effective communication skills, reinforces and emphasizes established infection prevention protocols related to personal protective equipment, proper hand hygiene, and safe physical distancing guidelines. Maintains a clean workspace by following established cleaning procedures. Reports safety and security incidents to supervisor and other site personnel as required
SkillsAbility to be sensitive, tactful and diplomatic with clients and the public.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work independently and effectively with others.
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
EducationGrade 12, and one years’ recent related experience in a health care or customer service environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Duties1. Creates a welcoming presence for staff, clients, and visitors, and using a customer service approach communicates courteously and effectively with individuals presenting at the site.
2. Screens all individuals accessing services at the site by asking questions following established symptom screening question scripts and requests nurse to attend to client if reporting symptoms. Provides non-surgical masks as needed as per guidelines.
3. Directs all individuals to hand-sanitizer stations to ensure they use hand-sanitizer before entering and exiting the clinic. Reinforces and emphasizes established infection prevention protocols, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage and criteria, and proper hand hygiene techniques.
4. Using effective communication skills, explains site procedures to individuals and follows relevant safety/security procedures.
5. Reminds visitors, in accordance with established guidelines, to adhere to safe physical distance guidelines at site entrances and if waiting in line to access the clinic.
6. Reports safety and security incidents to supervisor and other site personnel as required and in accordance with established protocols.
7. Directs clients, patients, and employees to assessment/testing center services as required and according to established procedures. Notifies other appropriate site personnel as required, and provides further directions regarding the location of various services.
8. Attends site safety meetings and follows current direction and criteria for usage (donning and doffing) of PPE and for providing PPE to staff, and visitors in accordance with established procedures.
9. Maintains a clean workspace by following established cleaning procedures including wiping down areas and equipment such as workstations, hand sanitizer stations, pens, and phones with provided disinfectant wipes.
10. Sorts and files forms and documents as required.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
ABSU is the Acute Behavioural Stabilization Unit within St. Paul’s Emergency Department and combines the expertise of both Emergency Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses to provide the best care for our patients.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Hospital Project