Clinic Assistant-Support Worker - Crosstown
SummaryReporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Community Support Worker is responsible for providing assistance to clients and staff involved in a study/treatment in a mental health/addictions clinic setting by performing duties such as observing, monitoring and reporting changes in behaviour or physical status, providing security requirements for the site and performing clerical functions such as scheduling and registering clients, reception, maintaining related databases and ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Knowledge of addiction/drug abuse and harm reduction.
- Ability to handle and diffuse conflict.
- Grade 12, completion of Community Support Worker or Mental Health Worker Certificate plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of certificates in C.P.R. and First Aid.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The BC Centre for Excellence (BC-CfE) Hope to Health Research & Innovation Primary Care Centre in the Downtown Eastside (DTES) of Vancouver provides integrated and accessible healthcare to clients in the inner city with complex healthcare needs.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project