Biomedical Engineering Technologist Student (Co-op)
LMBME is excited to offer Summer student positions for Biomedical Engineering students who have successfully completed their first year of studies in a recognized BME Technology Diploma, or Engineering Bachelor’s Degree programme.
Successful applicants will work alongside Biomedical Engineering Technologists at various sites throughout the Lower Mainland Health Authorities. Students will take part in technology management initiatives including:
• Installation and commissioning of medical devices
• Clinical workflow integration and implementation
• Demand or corrective service/repairs
• Preventive and scheduled maintenance
• Software/Hardware upgrades
• Decommissioning and disposal
General activities and experiences include:
• Picking up pending work orders and associated equipment
• Completing inspections on vital sign monitors, infusion pumps, bedside patient monitors, etc.
• Participating in training/in-service
• Cleaning/organization of project and storage spaces
• Orientation and training on the provincial CMMS database
• Interaction with healthcare professionals such as physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, etc.
• Exposure to LMBME business processes (alerts management, incident investigations, capital procurement, etc.)
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This position is based at Alder in St. Vincent Hospital Langara.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity - CGSHE
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project