Administrative Assistant, Virtual Health
SummaryReporting to the Corporate Director, Shared Care and Virtual Health, the Administrative Assistant coordinates the day-to-day administrative functions for the Collaborative Centre for Real Time Virtual Support including maintaining policies, procedures and instructions under this program. Uses a variety of software applications to support the team by preparing correspondence, documents, reports, presentations, and other confidential materials. Assists in the preparation of financial and statistical documentation. Schedules and coordinates meetings, distributes agendas, takes minutes and follows up as necessary. Schedules on call physicians for various virtual health programs and uses the cloud-based EMR to support physician billing and track interactions. Responds to internal and external enquiries as appropriate. Performs other administrative and clerical duties as required. This role functions as a member of a collaborative and comprehensive healthcare team ensuring the provision of safe, ethical and culturally appropriate care to clients and their families.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, interpret, apply and communicate administrative policies, procedures and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to keyboard at 50 WPM.
- Working knowledge of basic record keeping and bookkeeping/accounting procedures and concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio), related databases and Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
EducationHigh School Diploma, completion of a recognized secretarial program and three (3) to five (5) years recent, related experience supporting management staff, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Duties1. Oversees the day-to-day administrative workflow for the Collaborative Centre for Real Time Virtual Support including participating in establishing and preparing standards, policies, procedures and instructions that contribute to the effectiveness of projects, practices and initiatives.
2. Uses word processing, spreadsheet and graphic software to produce a variety of reports, correspondence, rosters/schedules, and presentation materials for meetings and seminars. Creates and maintains spreadsheet and database files to record, retrieve, analyze and display data. Uses business diagram software to prepare flow charts, project plans, organizational charts, and other material.
3. Handles day-to-day correspondence including processing confidential mail and email, files, photocopies and faxes. Identifies, prioritizes and takes follow up action on items by responding to communication and liaising internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow up by personnel on emergent issues in accordance with established practice/procedures or forwards to appropriate team member.
4. Supports the Corporate Director and the Collaborative Centre partners in preparing financial and statistical reports and supporting documents. Assists with compiling and preparing budget-related documentation. Also assists project teams with scheduling, tracking, and user support of project platforms.
5. Schedules, prioritizes and organizes appointments, meetings, and seminars to support the effective and efficient coordination of Virtual Health programs. Prepares and distributes agendas and circulates documentation for review in a timely manner. Attends a variety of committee and departmental meetings to provide secretarial support and/or information, and records minutes that may be of a confidential or sensitive nature, and takes follow up action as required.
6. Schedules on call physicians and tracks virtual visit activity within the various virtual support programs. Acts as a resource and point of contact regarding these programs, responding to routine enquiries and providing information. Refers issues where required.
7. Uses the cloud-based EMR (Electronic Medical Record) to support physician billing. Liaises with Medical Affairs regarding physician enquiries and to ensure correct physician payments and makes adjustments as required. Assists with tracking physician-to-physician interaction in the EMR to ensure full patient information is collected and documented.
8. Updates and maintains filing systems, both electronic and hard copy to ensure access and timely retrieval of information.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Foundry, in partnership with BC Children’s Hospital and our partners, launched a virtual care initiative to improve young people’s access to mental health and substance use supports and services.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Emergency Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
- Healthcare Management
- Heart Centre
- Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation
- Long Term Care
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- Primary Care
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project