3C Outbreak - Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
On January 11, 2021, the Medical Health Officer declared a COVID-19 Outbreak for 3C at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital. This outbreak is contained to this unit and is not in place for all of Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.
The source of the infection is currently unknown and is being investigated. The Providence Health Care Pandemic Response Team is working closely with Public Health to gather more information.
As with any outbreak in this region, Providence has immediately implemented strict infection prevention and control protocols on 3C to prevent further spread of the virus.
- Careful monitoring of patients, staff and physicians – with screeners at the entrance
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all high-touch surfaces
- Closing the unit to patient admissions and transfers
- Self-monitoring or self-isolation of staff/physicians as required
- Suspension of visitors to the unit (with the exception of compassionate (end-of-life) visits
Patients and families on this General Medicine unit of the hospital have been informed.
All visitation has been suspended on 3C until the outbreak measures have been lifted, with the exception of compassionate visits at the end of life.
Mount Saint Joseph remains open and is prepared to safely receive and care for all individuals who require urgent and emergent care. At this time, there is no impact to other areas of the hospital.