Applying for a job at Providence?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to complete an application/profile every time I want to apply for a position?
- You should create your initial profile, upload your resume and use that profile to apply to each position. This shows your interest in each position and allows the recruitment advisor to view your resume.
- How do I create a profile if there is no relevant job posting?
- Click on any job posting and find the grey box in the top right hand corner. Within this box is a “Create an Account” link. Click on this link to begin creating your profile.
- Do I need to provide my references right away?
- No, but it is helpful if you collect the following information to have it ready at time of interview. Two to three professional references that you have reported to in recent past including their full name, phone, email address.
- I have applied for several positions and I have not heard anything back. How do I know that you have received my application?
- After you have successfully applied to a position, you will receive a confirmation email and you can view this position under your “job cart” on the left column menu in your profile.
- How do I unlock my account?
- You have five attempts to enter your password before your account is locked. If your account is locked, please contact HR at 604-806-8007.
- Is there anyone in Human Resources I can talk to?
- You can contact the Recruitment (HR) department at 604-806-8007.
- I am a foreign-trained nurse (UK, USA, Australia etc.) and would like to know what steps to take to be eligible to work in BC?
- Please visit our International Applicants section of our website.
- I am a foreign-trained nurse and would like to know what the equivalent of my credentials will be at St. Paul’s, if I apply on-line?
- To have your credentials evaluated please reach International Credentialing Evaluation Service.
- Before I apply, can I talk to someone to find out more about the job (e.g. the hours that I have to come in) – internal applicants.
- Yes, you can ask the HR receptionist to speak to your recruitment associate at 604-806-8007.
- I want to update my resume…how do I do it?
- Please log onto your profile and resave your new resume.
- Why won’t my resume won’t upload?
- Our system only accepts one file in the following formats: .pdf, . doc, . docx, .txt. Please ensure your file extension ends in one of the following four formats. If you are getting an error message, please call us at 604-806-8007.
- Where do I upload my cover letter?
- You will have to merge your cover letter and resume into one document and upload it with your profile. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot upload a specific cover-letter to your document.
- To whom should I address my cover letter?
- To whom it may concern is the best way to address your cover letter.
- I have questions about the posting, who can I speak with (both internal and external)?
- You can contact the Recruitment (HR) Department at 604-806-8007.
We have an exciting casual Medical Release of Information position that has recently opened up at Vancouver General Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
From the time I was checked in to the time I checked out I received nothing but consideration and respect.”