St. Vincent’s: Honoria Conway is an assisted living residence for seniors.
St. Vincent’s: Honoria Conway is an assisted living residence that provides accommodation and a range of support services for seniors who are able to make decisions on their own behalf, but require help with day-to-day activities. Tenants pay 70 per cent of their after-tax income for a full package of services. Individuals with high incomes pay up to a maximum amount, based on the actual cost.
Our site is made up of 60 one-bedroom suites for seniors with 20 suites on each of three upper floors. The suites are approximately 550 square feet in area and contain a bedroom, bathroom with shower, living room and kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and two-burner cook-top stove. The suites are suitable for either single tenants or couples. They are not furnished.
There are common outdoor balconies, common living rooms with fireplaces and dining rooms in a central area on each of the upper floors and cooks in each dining room prepare lunch and dinner daily. All tenants may enjoy the facilities on the main floor, including:
- Lounge with large screen TV/DVD and piano.
- Library (multi-purpose room can be reserved for private functions).
- Small kitchen serving the lounge and multipurpose room.
- A hairdressing area (hairdresser available weekly) and a room for a podiatrist (available every six weeks), massage therapist and aesthetician (as arranged by tenants themselves).
- Garden patio.
We encourage tenants to personalize their suites with cherished possessions, photographs and mementos and to get to know their neighbours, who they are and where they came from. Special events are planned regularly, including family nights and birthday celebrations.
Our community is warm and inviting, where:
- Tenants and staff strive to make all people feel welcome and welcome each other.
- The care of the body and spirit are equally valued.
- The day is filled with all kinds of activities – both planned and unplanned.
- Animals, plants, children and the wider community are part of your daily life.
- You have choice in your daily activities.
- You feel recognized and valued for who you are, your life experiences and your abilities.
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- Youville Residence
- St. Vincent's: Langara
- St. Vincent's: Honoria Conway-Heather
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni
- St. John Hospice
- Providence Crosstown Clinic
- Community Dialysis Units
Ken, cardiac patient