Who We Serve
We are a health and wellness resource for families, patients and residents from all parts of British Columbia.
We also use technology and outreach efforts to build capacity, provide training and offer support to other health providers across the province.
While offering a multitude of services, Providence Health Care is the provincial centre for the care of six groups of people with often-intensive health needs. All of these populations benefit from our focus on these areas through the combination of care, teaching and research.
Our populations of emphasis include:
- People with heart and/or lung diseases.
- People with kidney disease.
- People with mental illnesses.
- Older British Columbians (residential care, seniors, & geriatrics).
- People living with HIV/AIDS.
- People with urban health issues (homelessness, drug & alcohol-related issues & malnutrition).
Dianne Doyle, President & CEO, and Geoff Plant, Chair, PHC Board of Directors