Teen’s death at B.C. summer festival deemed accidental (BCCSU)
The Kamloops teen who died at last year’s Centre of Gravity Festival suffered a seizure and cardiac arrest due to acute drug toxicity, according to a BC Coroner’s report released Thursday.
Adison Paige Davies’s June 27, 2018 death was deemed accidental in the report and attributed to a toxic level of the drug MDA, which is also known as methylenedioxyamphetamine.
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) supported drug checking at music festivals and events throughout 2018. From the 381 drug checks done at these events 180, or 47.2 per cent, were expected to contain MDMA. Of these 15 were found to contain MDA and one sample was found to contain a mixture of both MDA and MDMA.
Read the full story here.
Dianne Doyle, President & CEO, and Geoff Plant, Chair, PHC Board of Directors