Small fire at Vancouver nursing home after resident burn threads off garment (St. Vincent's Langara)
Officials at Vancouver’s St. Vincent’s Langara nursing home say they are reviewing their policies with one of their residents after a small fire broke out in a room on Saturday afternoon.
Providence Health Care spokesperson Elaine Yong says the resident wasn’t smoking, but using a light to burn threads of piece of clothing.
No one was hurt.
Ria Renouf reports.
Dianne Doyle, President & CEO, and Geoff Plant, Chair, PHC Board of Directors