Mount Saint Joseph Hospital is respected throughout the province for its multicultural focus and community programs.
Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
Located on the east side of Vancouver, Mount Saint Joseph is an acute care community hospital offering emergency services, acute care, ambulatory care services and a full range of diagnostic services. Sharing the building is a 100-bed residential care facility.
Mount Saint Joseph Residence (MSJ) is home to 100 residents. A distinctive feature of the Residential Care program at MSJ is that the residential population is predominantly Cantonese. Our care program is sensitive to the cultural beliefs, care needs and communication needs of this Chinese population, and of all our populations.
Our resident’s rooms are made up of four-bed, semi-private and private rooms located on the second floor of MSJ. Residents have year-round access to a sunroom, and outdoor patios during warm weather.
Our Residential Community
Every effort is made to ensure a home-like atmosphere here. At Mount Saint Joseph residents live in an elder-centered community. Each area of the residence is called a neighbourhood. The other residents, family members and caregivers are their neighbours.
We encourage residents to personalize their rooms with cherished possessions, photographs and mementos and to get to know their neighbours, who they are and where they came from. Special events are planned regularly, including family nights and birthday celebrations.
Our community is warm and inviting, where:
- All people are welcome and welcome each other.
- The care of the body and spirit are equally valued.
- The day is filled with all kinds of activities – both planned and unplanned.
- Animals, plants, children and the wider community are part of your daily life.
- Residents have choice in their daily activities.
- Residents feel recognized and valued for who they are, their life experiences and their abilities
For more information read about our Eden Care Philosophy.
3080 Prince Edward Street (off Kingsway)
Vancouver, BC, V5T 3N4
Main Switchboard: 604-874-1141
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- Youville Residence
- St. Vincent's: Langara
- St. Vincent's: Honoria Conway-Heather
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni
- St. John Hospice
- Providence Crosstown Clinic
- Community Dialysis Units
Tiko Kerr, Vancouver Artist and patient of Dr. Julio Montaner