The provincial government has a travel assistance program available for eligible patients.
The Travel Assistance Program (TAP)
TAP is a provincial government program that provides travel cost discounts for British Columbians who must leave home for non-emergency medical services. To find out if you are eligible, call:
Toll free: 1-800-661-2668
You can also find information on the Ministry of Health Services’ website.
- TAP discounts are available only from specific carriers.
- TAP provides discounts for travel and does not make the travel arrangements. You must make your own travel arrangements.
- Meals, accommodation, car expenses, and local transportation expenses associated with travel are not included in TAP.
- The TAP application form must be filled out by your family physician prior to travel.
- Reimbursement AFTER travel is not possible.
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Emergency Services
- Health Services
- Info for Patients + Families
- Patient Records
- Patient Services
- Info for Surgical Patients
- International Patients
- Travel + Accommodation
- Patient Rights + Responsibilities
- Your Privacy + Confidentiality
- What to Bring
- Admissions Desk
- Gifts + Messages
- Going Home
- Become a Patient and Family Partner
- Info for Residents + Families
- Info for Visitors
- Parking + Transit
- Holy Family Hospital
- Youville Residence
- St. Vincent's: Langara
- St. Vincent's: Honoria Conway-Heather
- St. Vincent's: Brock Fahrni
- St. John Hospice
- Providence Crosstown Clinic
- Community Dialysis Units
Ken, cardiac patient