Unit Coordinator Acute
SummaryUnder the direction of the Operations Leader or delegate, the Unit Coordinator performs a variety of duties in support of coordinating the clerical functions of the designated unit such as; processing a high volume of physician orders utilizing manual and/or computerized software, performing reception duties, maintaining patient charts, typing, record keeping and staffing duties.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
EducationGrade 12, graduation from a recognized Unit Clerk training program, plus one years’ recent related experience.
- Processes physician orders utilizing manual and/or computerized software as per established procedures.
- Performs receptionist duties by receiving telephone calls, patients, visitors, and others, answers inquiries or directs to appropriate area or staff.
- Sets up, maintains, and completes patient charts; records information such as weight, temperature, pulse, and respiration, and lab test results in charts or other records as directed; attaches documents such as laboratory and special examination reports to charts after review by professional staff; completes discharge charts for Health Records according to established procedures.
- Performs specific clerical duties as required such as typing, record keeping and ordering supplies, entering and retrieving computerized data and patient information and sorting and distributing mail.
- Performs staffing duties such as receives or transfers calls from staff regarding illness and absence form work; calls in relief staff according to pre-determined guidelines and maintains staff records and schedules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This role is with the Coronary Care Unit (Cardiac ICU) in the Heart Centre at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse