Supervisor Records Management
SummaryReporting to the Manager/Coordinator and/or designate, the Supervisor, Records Management supervises more than ten designated staff by performing duties such as scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance, and training and orientating new employees. Coordinates and communicates to staff about the workflow of a variety of processes, including imaging/document processing, discharge procedures, mail, chart requests, and microfilming by establishing work schedules and priorities. Develops operating procedures, updates policies and procedures. Participates in the interviewing process, providing input to the Manager/Coordinator regarding selection, and provides input into budget for assigned area. Performs qualitative analysis on medical records and performs duties related to the release of patient information in accordance with established policies, procedures and legislation. In addition, performs clerical duties related to chart retrieval, reception and imaging/document processing as required. Resolves, tracks and escalates issues to appropriate personnel in accordance with established procedures.
SkillsAbility to supervise. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to deal with others effectively. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Ability to organize work. Ability to operate related equipment.
EducationGrade 12, completion of release of information courses, plus four years’ recent related experience including one year in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Supervises day to day activities of designated staff by performing duties such as scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Orientates new employees and conducts training when required.
- Evaluates performance of employees including checking employee work in order to ensure quality and quantity of work meets departmental standards, and work produced is in compliance with established procedures.
- Ensures departmental policies and standards are communicated to staff.
- Provides information and feedback to Manager/Coordinator regarding developmental needs, issues and concerns, performance evaluations and orientation requirements.
- Develops operating procedures for a variety of clerical support functions in order to meet the requirements of assigned areas.
- Oversees and updates the policies and procedures for assigned areas.
- Supports clerical staff with first line operational troubleshooting of Records Management systems and maintains equipment and systems according to established departmental and organizational procedures.
- Refers issues where appropriate to the Manager/Coordinator as required.
- Participates in the interviewing process and provides Manager/Coordinator with input into the selection of new employees into the department.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality indicators at assigned site(s) and participates in other HIM quality improvement activities as required.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Providence Health Care is looking for experienced Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurses for the 12 room tertiary level operating suites at St. Paul’s Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Long Term Care
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Healthcare Management
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical