Supervisor Facilities Maintenance and Operations
This position will be based at St. Paul’s Hospital and oversees the development and supervision of the day-to-day activities of the service delivery area and coordinates major and minor construction projects, which include: targeted upgrades of critical hospital infrastructure including piping, heating, cooling and delivery of medical gases, implementing energy efficient solutions for heating and cooling, and others; through effective project management and maintenance scheduling techniques
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Manager, you will help and support the creation of maintenance reports, stats, quality control and adapt work methods to address problems; estimate and requisition materials and prepare project records and reports. You will coordinate projects within an operational secure and healthcare environment and manage space management activities required by Providence Health Care.
Within this fast-paced and exciting role, your responsibilities as a Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance and Operations will include:
· Ensures the smooth functioning and code compliance of designated facilities, including Hospital equipment and systems, by managing and directly supervising the activities of designated maintenance personnel and external contractors;
· Provides professional expertise to other health care organizations, and negotiates with contractors, regulatory bodies, manufacturers and/or suppliers.
· Supervise a team of maintenance staff ensuring planned preventative maintenance, reactive assignments and project works are completed meeting project agreement standards and timeframe requirements.
· Perform field observations and audits of building components; maintain an inventory of parts and consumable supplies. You will oversee reactive and preventative maintenance tasks
Requirements of the role
Trades Qualification as a journeyman in a relevant trade or Power Engineering certificate, plus five (5) to seven (7) years recent, related experience including a minimum of two (2) years direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are currently looking for casual Staffing Clerks with open availability at our Hornby Street site. Shift times range between the hours of 5:30am and 10:30pm Monday through Sunday.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse