Senior Communications & Engagement Specialist, SPH Redevelopment
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST, ST. PAUL’S HOSPITAL REDEVELOPMENT
The new St. Paul’s will be the largest hospital redevelopment project in BC’s history. We need you to help ensure the community – here in Vancouver and around British Columbia – is aware of the project’s benefits and how it will help to transform care in this province.
The Senior Communications & Engagement Specialist will join the dynamic new St. Paul’s Hospital project team, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Providence Health Care Communications & Public Affairs team.
You will be on the front lines of executing the overall internal and external communication and engagement plan to advance the new St. Paul’s Hospital project. You will have superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and are extremely organized and detail oriented, capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects and stakeholder expectations.
You see the big picture and yet are not shy about rolling up your sleeves to work shoulder-to-shoulder with team members to implement tactics and meet project deadlines.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Strategically and proactively promote and increase awareness, understanding and support for the Project among key internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce and disseminate a broad range of Project communications products and tools (such as web and social media content, brochures, posters, presentations, backgrounders, fact sheets, speeches, briefing notes, FAQs, advertisements, and other communications materials).
- Ensure the website is up-to-date, informative, captures the Project’s progress, and serves as the key information access point for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the St. Paul’s Foundation to support and promote fundraising activities for the new hospital.
- Work closely with PHC Communications and Public Affairs team members to highlight Project accomplishments, share information, and ensure that the Project communication strategies and initiatives are aligned with the overall PHC communications direction, policies and strategies.
- Make strategic recommendations about effective mechanisms to engage and consult with key internal/external stakeholders using a variety of best practice engagement techniques, such as forums, workshops, open houses, online consultation, charettes, advisory groups, and other methods.
- Oversee coordination, attend, and participate in public information, community and stakeholder meetings, and related events, including event planning, facilitation, notetaking, event set-up, and follow-up with stakeholders, as required.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A degree/diploma in Communications, Journalism or in a relevant discipline such as Marketing, English or Digital Communications,
- 5+years of experience in progressive communications roles
- Previous experience working in health care or a public sector environment,
and/or an agency, is desirable. Experience working on capital infrastructure projects is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and ability to take broad conceptual ideas and develop, implement and evaluate multi-faceted strategic communications and engagement plans for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Superior writing, editing and storytelling skills, to aid in the production of high quality and compelling communication materials.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical or complex information into easily understood messaging.
- Effective organizational, project management and time management skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and work effectively under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Appreciation of employee engagement and change management techniques to be mindful of opportunities for effective collaboration with other corporate services and teams to advance strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and solid strategic thinking, troubleshooting and issues management skills, as well as the ability to carefully manage sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate events and forums to advance stakeholder engagement with organizational initiatives.
- Proven expertise at developing effective and creative public engagement processes and related project communications. Familiarity with IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation and best practice public engagement techniques, including digital engagement methods.
To see the full job description, click here.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to pursue a Perinatal Certificate through the BCIT Perinatal Program. Upon completion of this program, you will work in Maternity/Delivery at St. Paul’s Hospital. Schedule for education below: …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse